1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

£4750 off a Fiat Spider.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Rodrat, Feb 18, 2018.

1. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

That's a shame but they are extremely expensive. I know that they were never cheap cars but they are looking poor value for money. Part of this is that with the advent of modern turbos the hot hatch has become an extremely potent machine in a way that it it never used to be. A Clio 172/182 was a serious performance machine, then someone came along with the Golf R, the Mazda 3 MPS, and so on, and 250-300 bhp was yours out of the box.

2. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

I see a lot more Loti on the road than MR-2s!

I once say 25 Elises driving down the A11 at @50mph.

Stephen

3. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

I think between 7/800 cars world wide per year.

4. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Yes, good point, what happened to those MR2s? They were everywhere and are excellent value now, for the mk3.

5. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

You would do - Hethel is about 2 miles off it. ;)

6. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

Rot I'd guess sadly. You don't even see many at the local meetings any more.........although a lovely mk1 turned up last month which I really liked.

7. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

mk1 needs to be the supercharged one. Or a mk3, but not silver as so many were.

8. stephen bennett

They didn't sell many—hence they stopped making them.

Sad really.

My mint, 60K, mid-engined 1.8l, 140bhp, 980kg Roadster is worth £2K. And being Toyotas they are cheap to run and insure. If they'd developed them with more power and new materials they'd be up there with 4Cs and Elise by now. Then I couldn't afford one!

Stephen

9. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

I'm guessing your car is mint Stephen, it won't be long before it's rising dramatically in price. I always thought your car was so similar in appearance to the VX220 too.

10. stephen bennett

It is indeed—I would have thought so, but it's stubbornly declining in value. I thought £3K would be the nadir, but no. Mk II and 1s are silly money now.

You still have the VX220? I drove one of those too and loved it, but it had too many issues.

Stephen

11. kennyh

kennyh pfm Member

I let the VX go last year Stephen. Someone saw it and made an offer so thought I'd let them have it. I never got to use it much so best it went really.