1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

‘Elizabeth is Missing’ - BBC 1

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Martyn Miles, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

I have just finished watching ‘Elizabeth is Missing’ on BBC1, starring Glenda Jackson.
    In a fascinating tale, with many twists and turns, Miss Jackson was superb.
    If you missed it, do catch up.
    It made a lovely change from the BBC’s recent dramas, some of which I thought were getting rather boring...

hifinutt likes this.
  2. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Harrowing watch.

carpe diem everyone!

3. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

I fell asleep.

4. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I didn’t see it, but the reviews have been very positive. One to catch up on via iPlayer.

blossomchris likes this.
  5. alanbeeb

alanbeeb pfm Member

It was excellent. Good to see Glenda Jackson hasn't stopped acting. The story has similarities with Christopher Nolan's film "Memento".

6. MVV

MVV pfm Member

Brilliant. My eyes are sore.

7. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Having seen Alzheimer's take my Mum and both parents in law.. I found it disturbingly real

Snufkin likes this.
  8. cctaylor

cctaylor pfm Member

A great performance by Glenda Jackson. A touching story with a good supporting cast. As others have said a window into the world of dementia, which has so many different ways it can affect people.

9. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Sorry, can’t watch that, too close to home at the moment

10. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

sorry I also fell asleep half way in

11. guey

guey pfm Member

That, I'm afraid.

ks.234 likes this.
  12. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

It was a painful watch but compelling non the less.

13. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

so glad you highlighted this Martyn , it was so compelling and so real. The mixing up of who family were , buying loads of cans of food the same etc and so many other things . Great to highlight the problems of dementia

14. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I watched it earlier today based on this thread recommendation. Nicely done with a remarkable performance from Glenda Jackson. No idea what sort of gong one gets for TV stuff like that, but I’d expect her to be picking one up at some point.

15. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

I have seen 3 members of the family go down with it now. I can't think of a TV show I'd like to watch less. In fact any of the ones that are about illness I don't watch.

vuk, russel and ks.234 like this.
  16. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

Same here.

vuk and ks.234 like this.
  17. cobbers

cobbers pfm Member

Thanks for highlighting.
    Did not see it but will on Iplayer.
    Took my father 15 years ago.

18. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I thought it was excellent, Glenda Jackson put in a remarkable performance. I have had family members effected by this but I still enjoyed it as a piece of drama.

19. camverton

camverton pfm Member

A superb performance by Glenda Jackson. Not just superb but terrifying for any of us entering our last chapters and finding short term memory isn’t what it was, or that considering the relationships in a database inspire a deep desire for a snooze.

Does anyone remember her in The Music Lovers (?) Ken Russell’s film about Tchaikovsky. Her performance on the floor of a rocking railway carriage was memorable... or was it?