1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

‘Speedo Mick’

Discussion in 'off topic' started by graystoke4, Feb 22, 2020.

1. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

well he's done it a 1000, mile walk, in just he's well, speedo's and some walking boots, and whats more he should be at around £300.000, for charity,
    below is a quote from a cornwall,live

Speedo Mick says the adrenaline is flowing as he starts the final leg of his epic 1,000-mile walk, which has taken more than 70 days.

Mick Cullen, 55, from Dovecot in Liverpool, also known as Speedo Mick, is set to reach Land's End later today (Saturday, February 22) after beginning his walk – dressed only in his famous blue Everton Speedos – in John O’Groats in December.

Formerly homeless, Mick has overcome alcoholism and depression to raise money for charity.

After battling through not one but two storms – Ciara then Dennis – in the past couple of weeks, Mick reached Truro yesterday.

As he reached the city centre he celebrated passing his goal of raising £250,000 for Leave The Light On, a community project that helps those who are feeling isolated.

well done i'm going to send him a tenner, not just for doing it, but in the way he has done it, laughing and dancing all the way, and in some shocking weather,
    a charity hero / nutter :D

mikemusic, Alex S, tqineil and 10 others like this.
  2. Nero

Nero BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK

I like a real nutter. Well done Mick.

Alex S likes this.
  3. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

Damn, I thought it was a swimwear thread!

4. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

Speedo Mick is a character and this is an outstanding achievement. The weather in the north of Scotland has been atrocious for weeks and to be out and about in it wearing just a pair of swimming trunks shows true determination and grit. The fact that he has raised over £320k for disadvantaged people is something we should all admire.

Alex S, twotone, cooky1257 and 2 others like this.
  5. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

I'll be sending him a few quid. He's been on the news up here in the NW for a while now.

I'm all for his efforts.. but I'm also a Speedo fan. It's about time ****wits in knee length 'shorts' stopped thinking they looked cool..

6. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

A fight you can never win but a drawer will do.

Pains me to give money to a plastic scouser but it's on the way.

7. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Well done Mick!:)

8. BJP

BJP Pink is the new Blue

Bit harsh as he moved out of Liverpool for work , unless you mean an Everton supporter in which case it's the wrong term .

9. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

And I thought this was going to be a thread about our Mr Parry astride his Sunbeam - the Speedo's are, of course, optional.

[​IMG]

peterm likes this.
  10. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Staying alert

As, presumably are the flipflops? Now if Speedo Mick had done JoG -LE in Speedos and flipflops, I’d have been seriously awestruck, rather than merely utterly astonished and amazed at his sheer tenacity.

I was going to say, he has some serious balls, but my guess is they retreated somewhere around Perth and won’t be seen again until the Summer.

stevec67, Rob998, roman and 1 other person like this.
  11. strummer

strummer pfm Member

I’ve met him a few times. This isn’t a new thing, he’s been doing it for years.
    1st time I met him was at Wembley 2016 & he’d walked down there for charity.

The man is a legend. Deserves a knighthood.

cooky1257 and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  12. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

He would get one if he donates the money to the Conservative party.

Colin L and strummer like this.
  13. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

I bet his nose wasn’t the only blue appendage.

BJP likes this.
  14. strummer

strummer pfm Member

Sadly true.

15. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Not sure a Sunbeam was that quick. This is a Vincent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollie_Free

16. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

I know but as yet no speed cameras around Swindon have caught him in this pose so I improvised.

17. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

You might get a Sunbeam S7 to the national limit, given a big enough hill.

18. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Or a cliff?

19. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

A bit unfair, I think. They quote 70mph top speed, the S8 apparently would get to 85. If you were brave.

20. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

Top man Mick.
    Didn't know the full story