1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

“ONE MILLION CANNIBAL ANTS TRAPPED IN SOVIET NUCLEAR BUNKER HAVE ESCAPED”

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Wolfmancatsup, Nov 5, 2019.

1. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

Favourite 50’s sci-fi!

well ‘this island Earth’ ‘forbidden planet’ and ‘the day the earth stood still’ are my top three.

michael Rennie is laid to rest not far away.

Wolfmancatsup likes this.
  2. Philim

Philim pfm Member

You won't be laughing if you get ants in your pants.....they will have to eat something!

3. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Staying alert

Lodgers near your todger?

4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Or maybe they've found an ANTidote to cannibalism.

Enfield boy likes this.
  5. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

Got all three on DVD!

Pete

6. Joe

Joe pfm Member

Before this thread gets lost I would like someone to clarify something that bothers me about the story.

The ants have been, according to the 'scientists' studying them , cut off from any food source and have resorted to eating each other and the colony has grown. How ?

Thats like discovering true perpetual motion .

They also state that there is no queen and yet the colony has survived and grown . How ?

That too is like discovering perpetual motion.

Scientists ? I wonder.

7. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

Overunity ants?

8. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Staying alert

The suggestion in the piece seems to be that more ants continued to get in via the same route the original colony used (falling down a vent, I think). Seems a bit speculative to me.

9. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Hermaphrodite ants? Cannibalism incites species' self reliance by rapacious reproduction.

10. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

There is only one solution for this horrible problem.

[​IMG]

11. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

I would have thought the most apposite film for this thread would be Saul Bass's only venture into directing; "Phase IV", about a cosmic event which leads all the ants in the world to coalesce into a single super organism with a hive mind.

12. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

The posters above suggest these things target ladies with large breasts, luckily for most of the pfm contingent.

13. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

I don’t think many types of ant eat their own species - except larvae- and even less their own colony.

14. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Also laddies with large breasts, maybe, and contingent upon how many nipplese belong to pfm.?

15. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

did you read the OP?