1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

“That cyclist” who hit the horse.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony Lockhart, Jan 26, 2019.

1. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

I'd have thought they would have much better things to do with their time up there; heroin, wife beating, racism etc.

2. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Something like that. Honestly I could not find the time to report someone for parking on a pavement that nearly accidentally hit me with their trailer. Kids to get to school. boxes to pack, accounts to do etc etc

3. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

And yet, you have time to spend on here. What you mean is that you can’t be bothered. Don’t dress it up.

4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Rich, it probably took me less time to report it than it did for you to do your six posts giving a commentary. Generally speaking, while I accept I might be fair game once I step onto a road, I do draw the line at someone coming onto the pavement to get me. I had a friend who was killed, walking to work on the pavement, by a driver.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  5. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Ice cream to make...

gintonic likes this.
  6. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Possibly...

7. Bob McC

It is a local council law, not national and not everywhere.

8. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

S3a Road Traffic Act will fit this - driving w/out reasonable consideration for other road users. The pavement is part of a road (as defined). Local bye law not needed, and probably not what the police will interview the van driver for.

9. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

That too.

Must dash. Going to try a banana ice cream laced with caramel today.

10. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

They have. However they also know that any crims start small. This isn't to say that the guy littering or driving on the pavement goes on to be a wife beater and a murderer, but ignoring minor matters leads to a ratcheting up of what is deemed acceptable.

11. TheDecameron

I’d die to defend your right to lick ice cream, do wheelies on your e-bike and other acts of civil disobedience to the E.U. in Strasbourg.

12. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

He needs to make sure that it's not a straight banana, just so those EU johnnies know the badass that he is.

TheDecameron and Barrymagrec like this.
  13. Bart

Bart pfm Member

I’m one of those retired people you seem to have such a low opinion of. I spend quite a bit of my time taking children to school and looking after even younger ones ON FOOT. It’s sometimes quite difficult with cars, trailers, vans and lorries parked on the pavement. I suppose you drive yours around and park all over the place.

TheDecameron likes this.
  14. Bob McC

I bet they don’t interview him at all.

15. TheDecameron

16. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

and? did I say it was national? No

17. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Alas no....I have a van parked at work. I use an e-bike mostly, even to take the kids to school.....

18. Bart

Bart pfm Member

I used to wheel my push bike and carry the youngest while the oldest walked alongside. There weren’t so many cars parked on the pavement in those days though.