1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

“That cyclist” who hit the horse.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony Lockhart, Jan 26, 2019.

1. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Perhaps a long pair of clown shoes ? I'm sorry officer but I have a problem with balance.

windhoek likes this.
  2. George J

George J Herefordshire member

A funny way to slow and stop cars is two pedestrians crossing the road pretending to carry a piece of four by eight foot plate glass. It is hilarious how fast people do notice!

I tried this in 1984 in Angers, France!

Like calling out, "Merd!" to passing pedestrians. They invariably look down at their shoes for the then common dog excreta on their footwear!

Best wishes from George

windhoek likes this.
  3. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

All self induced.
    Shouldn’t have been out if they were that unobservant.
    And they get away with all the damage caused to the car.

4. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

So a moment's inattention completely deserves a severe head injury and web ridicule ?
    You have no way to know if they "got away with" damage to the car.

5. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

Headbutt man will get knocked off his bike eventually, hopefully. Maybe paralysed from neck down, then hell learn how to use his head, the twat.

6. dweezil

dweezil pfm Member

You can't afford that moment, not just for pedestrian safety, we had a cyclist killed instantly when he was following the kerb head down. A broken down lorry and he never saw it.

7. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

A moments inattention eh?

I must remember that when a Lycra hero prattles on about dangerous drivers.

And I wan’t ridiculing anyone. I said he should not have been out on the road if he was that unobservant.

8. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Just watched it again. Twice. Made me laugh both times.

9. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I almost got taken out by a van while walking on the pavement today outside my house. Erratic van man was trying to reverse with a trailer on the back and mounted the pavement missing me by inches. When he made his turn after another two attempts he then parked on the pavement forcing me onto the road to get past. I told his mate he almost hit me then took a pic of his van blocking the pavement which prompted him to get out and follow me on foot with “get back here you, it’s illegal to take pictures of vehicles!”. He’s getting his collar felt tomorrow with his misunderstanding of the law corrected.

10. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

unfortunately I doubt he will, even if you report it.

11. TheDecameron

It’s already in train.

12. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Lol. What law did he break that you have evidence of?

13. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

if its anything like round my way, parking on the pavement gets a ticket

14. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

I am sure the police cannot wait to get stuck in and sort that one out.

15. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Driving on the pavement will do it.

16. TheDecameron

You’ll excuse me if I don’t immediately see it from the offender’s perspective Rich. It would seem I lack the relevant experience lol.

17. Frankiesays

Frankiesays Rats is life.

I was nowhere near Glasgow!

18. Bart

Bart pfm Member

He's not a twat, he's a thug. I sincerely hope he is identified and caught, shouldn't be too difficult if that's a regular route for him, but of course he will lie low in true criminal fashion. Work colleagues and fellow cyclists, do your duty and shop him.

sq225917 likes this.
  19. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Well I guess you retired people / pensioners / parochial curtain twitchers to fill your day with something. Lol.

20. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

There’s a bigger point here, which is that if people don’t take a stand against low level antisocial behaviour, standards get eroded. I guess you might be too busy being a productive member of society to notice.