1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

6 Nations Rugby

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Rockmeister, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

Wales will have to do a damn sight better than they did against the Italians yesterday if they're to have any chance against England. The tactics both sides adopt will be really interesting.

2. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Yes, me too. The last quarter was a bit turgid, I think France had nothing much left, and England didn't need to dig deep to counter what they did have.

Looking forward to the Wales match now...

3. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Wales will be playing at home and will raise their game. Happy to give them a 7 point start just for the crowd singing.

Wilson likes this.
  4. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

As an England fan it depends which England turn up. Based on the last two games the ‘shock and awe’ tactics might serve England well in Cardiff. Always nice to beat Wales. Nearly as nice as beating France. At anything.:):)

5. TPA

TPA Trade: Tiger Paw

Can't say I was too impressed by Wales against Italy, they made hard work of that game. But 6 Nations is never completely predictable so who knows.

England seem to be extremely good at finding a style of play that neutralises the opposition, if Wales are able to find some space for the likes of George North then all bets are off.

6. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

There were lots of changes in the Wales team against Italy so not sure how much you can take from the performance in that game. England are going to take a lot of beating though.

7. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Re-educate Leavers in Skegness gulags then deport

Yes, half a Welsh team beat Italy. Can't say much about form from that game.

Wales vs. France was scrappy though. And the French were bad against England in the same way they were against Wales. Wales were as bad, but on the day luckier and a little more resilient. Irelands seem to have gone downhill a little since their game against England as well.

I expect England will beat Wales by a couple of tries, and then suffer a freak loss to Scotland!

8. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Or Italy

9. wacko

wacko pfm Member

OK France struggled but a Scotsman scored twice for them against Scotland (I know it's complicated isn't it ?) and so they won. But that was just the warm-up for the main event.

England vs Wales starting soon to decide who wins the 2019 SLAM...

10. Spike

Spike pfm Member

Could be a barnstorming match. Wine ready...

11. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

GODDAMNIT...well done the taffs tho,,,2nd half was theirs no doubts. Ferocious but just game. DAMMIT :)

John.P, Suffolk Tony and Wilson like this.
  12. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Yep Wales deserved it. Slam on for them now.

John.P likes this.
  13. Taff63

Taff63 pfm Member

*grinning like a Cheshire cat and knowing we'll probably slip up in 2 weeks time*

John.P likes this.
  14. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Re-educate Leavers in Skegness gulags then deport

Yep - Wales's turn to meet a strangely resurgent Scotland!

Almost all the Rugby teams I support have been beaten today. England, WASPS and Hull Kingston Rovers. The latter two by teams local to where I live, which is even more irritating.

15. Bart

Bart pfm Member

I thought Wales would do it 20 min or so from the end when all that nonsense broke out - though there was still obviously a long way to go. They stuck to the task and were very strong mentally. Immense win, made a Valleys' Boy very happy!

John.P likes this.
  16. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

England didn’t have a plan B today.

I’ll still have them to go further than Wales in the World Cup, tho.

17. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Don't like Rugger anymore.:(:)

Rockmeister likes this.
  18. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

Not the result I wanted, but good for the Welsh, they deserved to win. England didn't come out for the second half, and as Andrew mentions, once their game plan stopped working they didn't seem to have anything else to bring to the match. It's this swing in fortunes that help to make rugby such an intriguing and interesting game.

Andrew C! likes this.
  19. Spike

Spike pfm Member

Well deserved win. Disappointed but Wales didn’t stop. Big change when England didn’t score at the end of first half. Well done Wales.

20. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

the 'kicking game' was great, and worked well with players who see what's in front of them and grab chances, but I agree that those playmakers don't seem to have a plan B or C when the kicking game was denied them by a simple lack of possesion. Wales were ferocious at the breakdown and both back rows must be sore as whatsits today.