1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

82/SC to 52/SC cabling question

Discussion in 'audio' started by Soundwave, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Soundwave

Soundwave pfm Member

Am soon to be receiving a 52 and was looking at the Naim connections paperwork in preparation.

I have 135's and when using the 82/SC combo, the DIN-XLR leads go from SC plugs left and middle. (Next to Burndy socket)
    However if a 52 is used with a SC, you plug the DIN-XLR leads into middle and right sockets.

Does anyone know why this is exactly? Presume its an electrical reason, but am just being curious!!

2. suzywong

suzywong Shifting 0s & 1s since 1968

I think I read somewhere that you take the output from the socket(s) closest to the signal input from the preamp.

Edit: Yes, it's written on the rear panel of the supercap (well, it is on the "black" ones according to the picture in the Power Supplies User Manual, but curiously not on the "olives").

3. PTWild

PTWild pfm Member

When I went from 82 to 52 it had me grinning for weeks. Simply sublime. Enjoy!