1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

a chicken for taste and conscience?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Rockmeister, Dec 27, 2019.

1. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

2. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

A bit of cheap advice Mike, move them into the main residence

Bloss

Mike Reed likes this.
  3. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

I do plan to keep chicks when another ten years are past, the dog's gone and my world wanderlust is satisfied. At 80, will I be able to chase a canny chicken with an axe and win? It'll be about fun and eggs only.

4. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

Sorry yes...I meant giblets...as in edible bits, you are ofc, right. Amended the recipe ^

5. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

You know what you're talking about! Normally I would travel some distance to a butcher to get a chicken -- I'd go to Randalls in Wandsworth and pay a lot of money for a bird which has been fed on vegetables. Well COVID has put a stop to that, and so, reluctantly I went to M and S and bought an organic one.

Fabulous! Just as good as Randalls. Thanks for the tip.

gavreid likes this.
  6. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Some of the smaller FR birds are good, no more than about 1.5 kg and it's a bit hit and miss

7. Dozey

Dozey Air guitar member

When you need to catch a hen, do it at dusk when they are roosting. Saves a lot of hassle.

8. thebigfredc

thebigfredc pfm Member

I have no idea what you are on about but the title is easily one of the best on here for a while.

Rockmeister likes this.