1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A One-off Croft, With Claimed Pedigree

Discussion in 'Interesting eBay auctions' started by Vinny, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

2. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

As this amp is completely unique, it was very difficult to price. I asked Glenn what he thought would be reasonable and he said that he had no idea, but that were it to be produced today, it could well retail for up to £20,000! I'm asking £4500, but I will consider any reasonable offers.:eek:

3. eastone

eastone pfm Member

Wow.

One of my biggest box-swapping regrets is a one-off Croft 'Phantom' power amp with 6550 valves. I can still hear the way it rendered bass guitar in my mind, and I'm yet to hear better. Sigh...

4. eksiil

eksiil New Member

I second the point about Croft preamps and bass guitars. on good recordings, my relatively humble octal-valve SMA IV (external PSU) has them coiling on the floor like snakes (for want of a better way of putting it).

eastone likes this.
  5. norton

norton Active Member

I still have my Micro from the 80s