1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Discussion in 'music' started by windhoek, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Green Member

Post removed to to poster being unable to understand the calendar.

2. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Green Member

I finally got around to playing Tin Drum (huge backlog) IT'S FREAKING AWESOME.

Ghosts is scary cool. Played that side a lot.

WOW.

Big Tabs likes this.
  3. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

4. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

I challenge anyone to read

11. Silent Night (feat. Iggy Pop)

and not burst into laughter.

Big Tabs likes this.
  5. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Green Member

6. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Big Tabs likes this.
  7. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

claire.foxx likes this.
  8. JustJohn

JustJohn pfm Member

Seanm likes this.
  9. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

jackbarron likes this.
  10. Joe

Joe pfm Member

As with some threads being as nought without pictures this thread is a hobbled horse without links to where the damn things are to be had from.

Weekender and Andrew C! like this.
  11. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Can anyone comment on the Plangent Process playback system? They used it on the box sets apparently. It's supposed to be a digital transfer from the tapes that corrects for the chatter as the tape passes the head. Are these halfway decent? The old recordings were never hifi quality.

12. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

13. Joe

Joe pfm Member

and yet........

14. daytona600

daytona600 Registered User

Joe said: ↑
    As with some threads being as nought without pictures this thread is a hobbled horse without links to where the damn things are to be had from
    record shop
    ( A record shop or record store is a retail outlet that sells recorded music. In the late 19th century and the early 20th century, record shops only sold gramophone records, but over the 20th century, record shops sold the new formats that were developed, such as eight track tapes, compact cassettes and compact discs )

https://store.princeestate.com/product/5QLPPR035/musicology-vinyl-2xlppurple-vinyl

15. htm_1968

htm_1968 pfm Member

New Order: Movement to get the box set treatment [​IMG]

1 vinyl LP, 2 CDs of demos (probably including western works) and live material and a live DVD. Out on March 29th, which is an interesting date all things considered. Possibly a better date to re-release Power, Corruption and Lies.

AV8 likes this.
  16. poco a poco

poco a poco pfm Member

17. daytona600

always pays to pre-order or pay silly prices & mint originals can fetch $4000-6000

we had been trying to license these five rare LPs as a "dream" reissue project for many years. It took a long time to persuade and secure publishing/mechanical/artwork rights from Universal and at the time of finally brokering a license (around a year ago) Jwe where unsure of precisely what the level of demand might be for such an expensive box set. The license cost was astronomical before even considering the manufacturing cost of lookalike flipback sleeves and textured slipcases. 1000 copies were agreed upon . The inked deal sadly does not allow for represses and to do so requires another contract to be agreed. this item was made available for pre-sale, i, in September 2018. Once the copies actually arrived they unexpectedly sold out in minutes.

18. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

:(
    Nevertheless, it's a wonderful set. I was lucky enough to get one and certainly appreciate your efforts. Hope you can get another contract for a repress.

19. daytona600

[​IMG]
    Ananalogue Productions Long-time audiophile favorite returns as a 45 RPM on four 200-gram LPs! , Every cricket chirp and dog bark in stellar detail!

20. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

Not sure if this has been posted. But even if you don't like Prefab Sprout, this is a wonderful, atmospheric, minimalist album.

Originally a Paddy McAloon solo work now rebranded as PS.

[​IMG]

Stephen