1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A Thread to Catalogue Austerity Britain

Discussion in 'off topic' started by ks.234, May 29, 2018.

1. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

H&M if the experience of their non functional website my wife had the other night is anything to go by.

7 items carefully selected over a period of 2 hours.....go to the checkout and 404....lost all the contents of the basket

2. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

It's all the bl**dy Tories fault. ;)

3. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Your point is?

4. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

you said you'd got money on new look going next

I said it'll be H&M given the state of their online experience.

Any bricks and mortar retailer that doesn't embrace the internet with a top notch online experience vulnerable

5. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

of course isn't everything?

6. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

Not everything. Some is the fault of the Illuminati.

But we don't like to talk about *that*.

7. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

don't forget the lizards

8. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Sorry, it's just you seem to use a version of English I'm not familiar with.

Are you saying H&M are performing poorly or are you basing your prediction on one bad online experience?

9. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

I dunno. What's HarryB mean? what do you be? or bee?

you mean me - de gas one mo bad ting dem goin down - I dunno them messed we me head.

Mr Cat likes this.
  10. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

This article paints a bleak picture of what life on Universal Credit is like for a man who clearly has serious medical issues

https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...-credit-diary-six-days-go-i-have-nothing-left

UC has become a system that's designed to punish and humiliate the poorest and most vulnerable members of society.

You might say it's got worse under the Tory government but be under no illusions - as my disabled partner can attest, it was a New Labour government peopled by those wonderful "moderates" that got this particular ball rolling. And it was the Lib-Dems in the coalition government that aided and abetted the Tories in their persecution of the poor and vulnerable (remember the jolly jape about the LDs conceding a more punitive benefits sanctions regime in return for a 5p charge on carrier bags?).

Austerity must end and Labour is the only party committed to ending it and rebalancing the economy for the many not the few.

HarryB likes this.
  11. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Rolls Royce getting rid of 4,600 workers. Mostly in the UK. Mostly in Derby.

Never mind, all of these highly skilled engineers will soon get jobs in booming Britain.

12. pure sound

pure sound Trade: manufacturer/distributor

There are vacancies for fruit pickers, baristas and hotel cleaners. The world is their oyster.

Mr Cat likes this.