1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gerard124, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Amber Audio

Amber Audio Trade: Amber Audio

Therapy?

2. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

My disorders are very resistant.

stephen bennett likes this.
  3. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Green Member

I fell that the author has occasionally bolted on moral dilemma 4B or dodgy background #2, but in essence there are heroes (whom we forgive any former indiscretions) and villains (who at most get a grudging nod for a single kindness) who will receive a bloody and deserved demise.

I can't really fault it, if I found it more interesting it wouldn't sell or get made. And I applaud it for the solar system and societies it portrays. Believable solar system colonisation.

4. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

The answer was so obvious, will that do you?

fatmarley likes this.
  5. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

Yes ...!

gassor likes this.
  6. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

i started watching the Peep show after I saw it advertised on netflix...I'd seen clips of it in the past and it's brilliant..!

7. JustJohn

JustJohn pfm Member

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel is, well, marvellous. Susie Myerson and Abe Weissman are shoo-ins for my fantasy dinner party.

crimsondonkey likes this.
  8. echann

echann pfm Member

Brooklyn was quite enjoyable.

9. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

I just watched An Evening With Beverley Luff Linn on Netflix and it's a strange film, to say the least. It's hard to describe because, although it seems like it might be a comedy - it certainly has a few good comedy actors including Aubrey Plaza, Jemaine Clement and Craig Robinson - it's too strange to pass as a simple, straightforward comedy. I'm still struggling to find the right words to describe so all I'll say is that I reckon it might be an homage to David Lynch and the caricatures and exaggerated scenes that appear in some of his stuff, albeit without the surreal aspects. Don't expect to laugh if you watch it: just expect to see an over-egged soap opera starring comedians doing their damndest to put on the ham.

I should add that it's no David Lynch film by any stretch of the imagination although I think it's the sort of film that David Lynch could have made but better, obviously.

10. Dave***t

Dave***t pfm Member

Just passed the midseries mini-finale of The Expanse series 3.

Brilliant stuff.

11. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

Love the Expanse , good job we now have amazon

stephen bennett and sean99 like this.
  12. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

a colleague has told me that Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is on Netflix... haven't checked yet, but I saw the first one some years ago and enjoyed it :)

13. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I've just checked and it's on Netflix UK.

Mr Cat likes this.
  14. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

great, will watch it tomorrow afternoon :)

15. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Das Boot, on Sky UHD. 3 episodes in. Very tense already...

16. MarkW

MarkW Full Speed & Pagan

I find it sub par.

17. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

:(

18. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

Is it the original, or a re - Boot?

darrenyeats and flapland like this.
  19. garyi

garyi leave blank

Just watch the Ray Romano special, not really into this guy but have to say it was a good watch. Boy did he look stoned haha.

20. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

Sex Eduction is entertaining in a Ch4 comedy kind of way.

Never picked up on Suits before, but really enjoying it.