1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gerard124, Sep 24, 2015.

1. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Yes, excellent. Tarkovsky's Stalker is another influence. I'm now reading the trilogy of books by Jeff Vandermeer, upon which the film is based - also excellent in a Ballard/Lovecraft kinda way, and sufficiently different from the film not to feel pre-spoiled.

2. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Thanks, slow burn is fine by me. I'm getting slightly mixed reports but I'll certainly give it a try.

3. jtrade

jtrade pfm Member

The timeline switches between 1980 (the original incident), 1990 (reopening of case) & 2015, by which time the character played by Ali has Alzheimer’s based memory loss. I thought this was done in a masterful way, but it certainly makes for unusually challenging viewing.

The acting by the three lead characters - Ali, his wife played by Carmen Ejogo & his detective partner played by Stephen Dorff, is consistently superb.

Btw, it’s different but distantly related to Season 1 (there’s a reference to that case in the penultimate or final episode of S3). S2 was completely different : I enjoyed S2, but did not find it at the same level as S1& 3.

droodzilla likes this.
  4. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

Torquay United avoid relegation after police dog bites player (22 stitches but stays on pitch!) and then score in injury time. Or Michael Bentt the boxer who gained a world title, but didn't want to box. These stories are part of the new series 'Losers' on Netflix.

darrenyeats likes this.
  5. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

For those with Sky in the UK - Free Solo is on the National Geographic channel, in HD, tonight at 8.00PM. I'm recording it so I can skip through the adverts.

Gerard124 and windhoek like this.
  6. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Get Out on Netflix, very good.

7. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

just watched Split on netflix... enjoyable...

8. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

I'll watch this one now.. :)

9. BLACKMASS

BLACKMASS pfm Member

Finished watching Secret City today. I thought it was very good.

10. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

wasn't my cup of tean, turned it off after about 45 minutes..

11. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

Can't say you did not try it, I'd never last that long, about 15 mins max makes my decision.

Bloss

Mr Cat likes this.
  12. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

I just watched it and loved it. So different and a superb director.

Mr Cat likes this.
  13. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

I keep looking at that to watch; but then always find something better IMO - I just can't seem to get hooked by the trailer to watch it

14. BLACKMASS

BLACKMASS pfm Member

Just finished the first episode of series 2 of Fleabag. It did not disappoint. Loved it!

15. garyi

garyi leave blank

Split is alright, not as good as unbreakable or what ever it was called.

16. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

I don't think I've seen unbreakable... :(

17. Amber Audio

Amber Audio Trade: Amber Audio

Its a movie trilogy Unbreakable, Split & Glass

Mr Cat likes this.
  18. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

yep, I wasn;t aware when I watched it, but googled 'split' and was informed then... :)

19. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

20. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Rahsaan Roland Kirk: The Case Of The Three-Sided Dream on Amazon Prime, obviously.

ian r and stephen bennett like this.