1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gerard124, Sep 24, 2015.

1. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

Enjoyed this as well , well worth a watch

2. Allan Probin

Allan Probin pfm Member

Thanks for the spoiler :D

Wolfmancatsup and Mr Cat like this.
  3. early

early pfm Member

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but La casa de papel / money heist is fantastic , you'll find it under international films .

4. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

i love how people say this about almost everything he does, going back to the office.

"i'm really not a fan of abba, but i have to confess that, when i listen to them, their albums are amazing".

5. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

Maybe I should have been more succinct?
    I will revise my statement for you.
    “I have found everything I have ever seen Ricky gervais in, going back to and including ‘the office’ totally, head scratchingly and bewilderingly unfunny, but ‘After Life’ is a wonderful exception!”

HarryB likes this.
  6. Amber Audio

Amber Audio Trade: Amber Audio

Totally, never did get the Office humour at all, dunno why this new show works for me, maybe cos I'm older now or recognising some similar experiences/events, anyway well worth a look if you've written him off before now

7. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

I loved the Office, and Extra's - but his standup stuff (especially his early stuff) was real poor imo… Derek grew on me, but Afterlife is amazing... but I think it's because where I was in my life when each of the shows were on made me appreciate them...

elsewhere, I watched the first episode of Maniac last night and it didn't really do much for me..

8. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

Not Amazon et. al. but ITV's Cheat is absolutely hilarious if you have any experience of plagiarism in Universities.

I have to suspend belief less watching Star Trek.

Quite entertaining so far though.

Stephen

9. stephen bennett

Love, Death and Robots on Netflix looks brilliant. Some proper SF writer in there (Hamilton and Reynolds) and excellent performers. Animation is tremendous too.

Stephen

10. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

but it looks like a children's show.

11. david ellwood

Having watched the first episode I can confirm it’s not for kids. Very good cgi!

stephen bennett likes this.
  12. stephen bennett

The writers and producers involved should be an indication that it’s not.

Don’t watch ep. 3 at work. Trust me.

Stephen

13. Amber Audio

Amber Audio Trade: Amber Audio

The guys behind it also did Se7en and Deadpool, it ain't for kids :)

Just watched the first 3 episodes, well worth checking out, an above average Netflix show

Yeah Ep 3 is NSFW

Gus

stephen bennett likes this.
  14. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

On the subject of animation, Netflix’s The Kirlian Frequency is intriguing. A series of five short animations revolving around an Argentinian radio station and the local mysterious town.

Mick

15. david ellwood

My favourite is the one where yoghurt takes over the world.

16. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

I rarely watch anything. My wife watches lots of stuff. Ten minutes into watching Afterlife on her iPad with earphones she suggested we should watch it on the tele as she said I'd love it.

I was sceptical but after three episodes last night I can confirm it's utterly brilliant on so many levels. Brilliantly written, superb acting and so far I've laughed out loud quite a bit and also cried. It's a must watch. I defy anyone to dislike it.

Suffolk Tony and Mr Cat like this.
  17. garyi

garyi leave blank

We got through the first episode, I assume it will get better..

18. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

Really hooked on the Netflix Formula 1: Drive To Survive series.

Amazed how candid some of the footage is for such a secrative industry.

19. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Re watched GOT series 7 again on Sky. Roll on 1am on 15/4!

20. stephen bennett

The animation on the last one (Secret War") was the most realistic I've ever seen.

Some great stories in there—it's a proper SF/horror anthology. Hope they do a more SF based one next.

Stephen