1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gerard124, Sep 24, 2015.

1. garyi

garyi leave blank

Yes yes ok, lets ignore the fact it killed off humanity because humanity was killing itself (that old chestnut)

2. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

Oh I disagree. It was great.

Stephen

Rob998, Nick_G, RichardH and 2 others like this.
  3. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Totally agree.
    A pathetic unsubtle zombie fest

4. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Mrs H and younger daughter are watching (and enjoying) series 3 atm. I haven't seen any of it.

stephen bennett likes this.
  5. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

Disenchantment, even.

6. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Generation War, on Netflix. Very harrowing and stark view of the war from a German perspective. Based in actual accounts from one of the survivors(didn’t want to spoil the narrative).

denni55 and sean99 like this.
  7. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

If you like The Rolling Stones then “Ole Ole Ole” is worth watching, documents their tour of South America and the final concert in Havana. There is an absolutely magic bit where Mick and Keith sing Honky Tonk Woman unamplified and with Keith playing acoustic. Doesn’t get better.

Suffolk Tony likes this.
  8. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

Just watched 3 seasons of Bonus Family (Bonusfamiljen) on Netflix and thoroughly enjoyed it

9. fatmarley

fatmarley Registered User

Thought the first season was awesome, season two was very good and the last was still good to very good imo. Best part in season 3 was Dustin being forced to sing Neverending story :)

10. BLACKMASS

BLACKMASS pfm Member

Safety Not Guaranteed is on Netflix at the moment. Definitely worth a watch, plus it’s got Aubery Plaza in it too. What’s not to love?

PLUS Blade Runner 2049 is due on the 28th.

darrenyeats likes this.
  11. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Just got round to this tonight, a superb film IMO.

cooky1257 likes this.
  12. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

American Made on Netflix; the story of Barry Seal, an American pilot who became a drug-runner for the CIA in the 1980s. Taking guns to Nicaragua to arm the Contras and returning with drugs from Escobar was always going to be tricky even for the charismatic Barry Seal. The charisma may have been down to Tom Cruise who puts in a shining performance. Not deep, but very entertaining.

13. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Oops. Tom Cruise, in a career millstone, does a Netflix project....

14. jtrade

jtrade pfm Member

I recorded this some months back on Freesat (can't remember which channel) & finally watched it last night. Brilliant piece of film-making (but if the trailer doesn't appeal, probably not your thing...) :

hifinutt likes this.
  15. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

Anyone else watching Euphoria (Sky Atlantic/NowTV) ? Didn’t think a mini series about oversexed, overdrugged American teens would be my thing, but gave it a whirl anyway. It’s an amazing piece of work. A grim, funny, empathetic postcard from a world I was largely ignorant of.

stephen bennett likes this.
  16. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

is it the type of show mike pence would suggest only watching in the company of one's wife?

17. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

I suspect this is exactly the kind of show Mike Pence is talking about - whilst also really wanting to subscribe to Kitty Kween’s big-ass twerking live camera feed.

18. zarniwoop

zarniwoop hoopy frood

Thanks for this... I could do with some PWB at the moment

19. BLACKMASS

BLACKMASS pfm Member

zarniwoop likes this.
  20. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

Just read every article in the Guardian.

They all squeeze in PWB somehow.

Stephen

zarniwoop likes this.