1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gerard124, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Huh. I got tired of watching the tedious hunt for the fellow. Interesting stuff happen when they finally find him?

2. jagdesign

jagdesign pfm Member

You'll have to watch it and see ;)

DAVEDWACK likes this.
  3. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

alex.

does familiarity with the career of fabio help?

Hook likes this.
  4. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

In which episode does James build the Ghosn escape pod?

5. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

haha, now that's something that James could do... with enough Meccano and beer

6. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

It really does really get better. Got bored after the first two, but persevered. I’m glad I did. I didn’t see the ending coming-which is rare for me!

Stephen

7. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Frontier on Netflix is very enjoyable. It’s a tale of fur traders in 18th C Canada set around the Hudson Bay Company. The photography in some of the wild scenes is wonderful, some of the sets less so, but as a whole it has a feel of authenticity that offers an insight into what life might’ve been like. It also has the advantage of being fictional, so historical inaccuracies don’t get in the way of what is a dramatic over the top story, though the portrayal of the indigenous tribes does seem accurate.

Above all, it’s addictive. What more do you want?

8. palasr

palasr >>>...<<<

Messiah. Netflix. Went four episodes in last evening. While I''m an utter heathen, this is really good.

9. tones

tones Tones deaf

Now part-way through Season 3 of The Crown. I thought Claire Foy would be a difficult act to follow, but Olivia Colman manages very well as the older Elizabeth. Last night's was funny - the (in)famous "we're just plain folks" documentary and the desire to bury it, and the arrival on the scene of Philip's mother, Princess Alice of Greece, in her grey Orthodox nun's habit.

Alice was an interesting character, great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria. Also a Righteous among the nations, as I understand it, the highest honour Israel can give a non-Jew:

https://www.yadvashem.org/righteous/stories/princess-alice.html

10. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I'm halfway through series 3 and for whatever reason I'm not enjoying it as much as the previous 2. Perhaps because it's entered into events that I have a reasonable memory of. Colman is very good though, and what a dysfunctional family.

11. ian123running

ian123running pfm Member

Mrs ian123 and I really enjoyed Icarus - Netflix doc about an amateur cyclist who wanted to stress test drugs in cycling by first hand action and ended up embroiled in Russian lab and WADA action. Pretty good documentary I think and slightly scary / edgy. Was this really real?

I was a bit disappointed in The Great Hack which I finally got around to watching. Don’t know why, just didn’t seem to rise to the subject for me.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  12. BilliumB

BilliumB pfm Member

Just finished Spotless (Netflix) - sadly there’s only one series, but really enjoyed it.

Cheers. Bill

13. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

is appallingly bad, fell asleep in episode of series 1, never went back

most excellent

RidleyRumpus likes this.
  14. jtrade

jtrade pfm Member

It’s had mixed reviews & some of the sub-plots are a little slow, but overall I loved it, including the ending...

15. RidleyRumpus

RidleyRumpus Registered User

It must be good it gets a high rating on IMDB..

16. jtrade

jtrade pfm Member

The Man in the High Castle has a Series 4 !?

That’ll do nicely for next weekend ...

17. Bigman80

Bigman80 pfm Member

Just finished watching "WW2 in colour" on Netflix.

The brutality was just out of comprehension. some bits were tough to watch, and I don't flinch easily. A whole new outlook on the sacrifices made.

18. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

I thought the Aberfan episode was superb.

BLACKMASS and Suffolk Tony like this.
  19. For Fans of Motorcycle Racing ‘Speed Is My Need’ is a decent documentary on Netflix.

Cheers BB

20. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I’m currently rather enjoying The Expanse in 4k. Rather more complex in plot/arc than the typical TV sci-fi series, which is annoying as you need to pay attention rather more (I half watched the first three episodes, got to the fourth and realised I hadn’t the slightest clue what was going on, so started again!). It is rather good though. I’ve just started series 2 now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.