1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread to recommend stuff on the BBC

Discussion in 'off topic' started by windhoek, Jan 28, 2017.

1. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

It’s superb, watching it now.

2. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

I've seen several excellent nature series about wolves over the last few weeks. It's the only TV thing my dog (see left) has ever shown any interest in, particularly the howling! I think it's sill running so worth looking out for in the schedules, or digging around on iPlayer if you are interested.

darrenyeats likes this.
  3. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

Watched an old Horizon prog on iPlayer last night about infinity and thought "will this ever end?". :D (Sounds like a T Vine). Programme is excellent btw.

windhoek and darrenyeats like this.
  4. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Another Train Journey with Michael Portillo started on Monday night - covering Alaska. All I can say is WOW - I want to go there.

VERY curious comment included that an author was noting the decrease in size of the glaciers over 100 years ago - well before we consider man made global warming to be the cause of current observations.

5. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

BBC4
    New Forest: A year In The Wild.
    Wonderful sights and Peter Owen -Jones has a writer's way with words, enthusiasm and a honeyed tone to his voice. He looks like Radagast.

6. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

As usual I’m watching programmes months if not years after transmission and tonight enjoyed the first episode of Waldemar Januszczak’s series on American art, Big Sky, Big Dreams, Big Art. Although Waldy’s staccato speech pattern of pauses and unusual emphases make me wish I could witness a conversation between him and Robert Peston.

7. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

Nae Pasaran!

In 1974 Scottish factory workers refuse to carry out repairs on warplane engines in an act of solidarity against the violent facist coup in Chile.
    40 years later they discover the incredible impact of their action.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0002wsm

8. Just finished 'Back to Life', 6 part Black Comedy on I-Player only. Made me laugh, which a lot of comedy doesn't these days. Lead character returns to her small home town after doing 18 years for murder.

Cheers BB

9. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

10. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

Need to watch that - filmed in and around Hythe in Kent, where we spend a fair bit of time.

Mick

11. kevinrt

kevinrt pfm Member

Mum

3rd series out just now. Gentle, touching comedy.

Kevin

colinp, MikeMA and Suffolk Tony like this.
  12. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

stephen bennett likes this.
  13. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

Big Tabs likes this.
  14. I really like Hythe, could happily live there if I didn’t have to drive to London every day.

Cheers BB

Wolfmancatsup likes this.
  15. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

We only ‘discovered’ Hythe five years ago. My mother-in-law passed away four years ago, and we sold her three bed Victorian terrace and used some of the money to buy a flat in Hythe, spending several days there each week. We love it there, and once my wife retires we hope to move there.

Mick

Brown Bottle likes this.
  16. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

gassor likes this.
  17. foxwelljsly

Suffolk Tony likes this.
  18. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

stephen bennett and foxwelljsly like this.
  19. foxwelljsly

Count yourself lucky, I can say the same for my sister and Valerie from his ‘High Hopes’.

20. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

We find Ghosts amusing.