1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] A valve power amp

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by lordmortlock, Jan 12, 2019.

1. lordmortlock

lordmortlock pfm Member

Very happy with my crayon audio integrated but I’ve bought a Gordon Welford preamp for a play, and it’s clearly pretty special, so I’d like to hear a good valve power amp with it.

High power SET would be ideal but will look at push pull too. Silver facia essential, something like Ian’s triode corp 845 but smaller, as at 460 x 440 that’s too big for the top of my cabinet. I’m thinking Art Audio (Are you reading Brook, come on mate time you had a change [​IMG]), EAR, line Magnetic, that kind of thing. It’ll need to be 15w min I think, as my old 300b didn’t quite do the business with the XL horns.

No mad rush, I’d like to get this purchase right, so bear with me if I appear picky.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  2. Jag Audio

Jag Audio Trade: Jag Audio

I have been thinking about but not plucked the courage to sell my Living Voice Argento 300B (parallel single ended) amp rated around 18 wpc. It's not cheap and has stayed in my main system for 5 or 6 years now which is a long time for me.
    Kevin at Definitive Audio sells these and the amps are a bit special sounding with all the Hovland caps and silver Kondo wiring etc.

3. lordmortlock

lordmortlock pfm Member

Very kind Jag but I should have said that I’m looking at £2k absolute max.

4. vogtlancs

vogtlancs pfm Member

Your lordship, I can offer my ARC VS60 valve power amp in VGC, black, orig. packaging, approx. 10 years old, with original valves that had little use (since more powerful valves were used).

I was hoping to drive my Living Voice IBX-RW3 speakers (also for sale, please PM) with the VS60, but unfortunately they don't sound right in my garden studio, and I'm a solid state guy otherwise.

Demo and pickup of this fine entry into the valve world in Lancaster welcome, or courier at cost.

1,100£ for the ARC VS60

Please PM, Stefan

5. lordmortlock

lordmortlock pfm Member

Thanks for reply Stefan. For my sins I know very little about the ARC brand, I’ll do some reading and pm you if it’s of interest.