1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Abbey Road, 50th anniversary

Discussion in 'music' started by Joe P, Aug 28, 2019.

1. scotty38

scotty38 pfm Member

Mine arrived today. I haven't listened to it yet but lovely packaging and the vinyl is perfectly flat and beautifully clean.

2. matt j

matt j pfm Member

When is the QRP version released?

3. rod ayling

rod ayling pfm Member

With albums being released in anniversary years, does that mean we have to wait until 2026 for Revolver's 60th?

4. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

My QRP is due for release on the Friday 11th, just checked.

matt j likes this.
  5. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

Just had a payment request, so it may be here earlier?

6. daytona600

daytona600 Registered User

Not heard the EU pressing but the QRP is excellent

7. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

I'm hoping so.

8. fraserking

fraserking pfm Member

I’m loving the extra stuff - got the 3lp box from Amazon uk☹️. I enjoyed the remaster more than I was expecting but the studio stuff is just wonderful.I don’t know if it’s just the improvements in my system but I don’t ever remember feeling so in the studio with the Anthology vinyl. It doesn’t sound digital and comes from inky blackness on my set up.The remaster is better in some ways but not in others but is a must for nerds like me. The extra stuff is just lovely though and is worth the money on its own.

Wolfmancatsup and chris@panteg like this.
  9. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Had a chance to hear some versions now. The Blu-ray and (single album) vinyl sound well. The CD and HDTracks* are not as good in a "loudness war" way, which in the latter's case is a disgrace but then I've not trusted them for sometime.

*the extras and demos are not affected by this only the main 17 track album.

The extras are great and I'm not normally much of a collector of stuff that didn't make the cut but these are well worth having.

10. spengenuk

spengenuk pfm Member

Just given the QRP a spin and pretty underwhelmed. Noticed silibance on vocals particularly on side 2.
    Quite heavy sounding and restrained compared to 2009 CD and vinyl and 1987 CD.
    Slight warp but can live with it. Don't think it's worth seeking out over the EU pressing.

11. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

Well, I'm happy with my QRP, on first listen, but will play it again with my other phones, then on speakers. But, might have to try the EU version, just to be sure.
    I'm never going to be able to save up at this rate.

12. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

I bought the 3CD and bluray version. The album remix sounds very good to me - like the White Album the main beneficiaries seem to be the drums and backing vocals. I'd never noticed the crickets and guitars panning on Sun King before (if indeed they did) but on the other hand I miss the vocals not panning on You Never Give Me Your Money (which they definitely did before.)

The 2CDs of studio extras are great. I haven't even got as far as the bluray yet...

13. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

Standard Anniversary album on vinyl here - sounds absolutely brilliant to me.

14. Martin M

Martin M Crueller than April

Mmm. Underwhelmed. Rather bassy and ‘thick’ to me. Compression seems rather heavy handed on occasion too. Almost like the cartridge is tracking too heavily. Still, if you’re a Ringo fan, you’ll like it - there’s way more Ringo now.

Not so impressed with some of the productions choices also - ADT backing vocals on Something seems odd. Conversely, it’s nice to have George centred on Here Comes the Sun.

15. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

I bought the high res 3 disc set as a download from Qobuz, and yesterday picked up the single LP version. The latter’s nice and flat, and pretty much crackle free too. Sound’s ok, if a bit ‘dark’...

Mick

16. rod ayling

rod ayling pfm Member

Do you get digital booklets with the 3 disc Qobuz download. ?

I need to know who the assistant engineer is.

17. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

Sadly not - just a .jpg of the cover...

18. myles

myles Intentionally left blank

Music Magpie have the 3Lp for £62 on ebay, who as if by magic are offering 20% off Music Magpie (as well as others). That takes it down to £50.

Weekender likes this.
  19. matt j

matt j pfm Member

My QRP finally arrived today, put it on the RCM before first play and I'm not that impressed, there is quite a large amount of what sounds like tap hiss running through the back ground and between tracks it's really noticeable. Think mine might be going back, first LP return for me.

20. MotelBlues

MotelBlues pfm Member

Due to wet cleaning, perhaps?

Weekender, Wolfmancatsup and matt j like this.