1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Alf Garnett's back.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Aug 18, 2016.

1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

2. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

article

3. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

4. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

The timing's perfect.

Alf Garnett: Well, I mean, see if we go into Europe...
    Else Garnett: I thought we was in Europe. I mean, I thought we always have been.
    Alf Garnett: I know that, yer silly moo. I'm not talking about that aspect am I? I'm talking about the Common Market aspect of the going into Europe.
    Alf Garnett: Old Enoch's against it, in't 'e, eh? He don't want no more bloody foreigners over here. We got enough bloody foreigners here as it is. Bloody country's swarming with Eities and Krauts and Froggies and Spagnollies and Brussel Sprouts. All coming over here and taking our jobs off of us, aren't they?
    Else Garnett: Well, we can go over there and take the jobs off of them.
    Alf Garnett: I don't want to go over there, do I?
    Else Garnett: Wish you would.

5. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

[​IMG]

BBC casting have missed a trick.

That link looks familiar.

6. Brian

That's a great spot. It seemed your mate didn't read it properly as it answers his question, so I thought I would post it again to help.

7. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

Aren't we all friends here?
    Possibly you didn't understand the OP - I suspect T'Decs question was rhetorical.

8. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

The timing is immaculate, the irony will be list on some.

9. Brian

Daft is probably more accurate than rhetorical.

I used to think people got on here and I give people the benefit of the doubt by default. However, like most people, I can get it wrong.

10. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

[youtube]ejw_LOi-nhk[/youtube]

11. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

12. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Stop paraphrasing me.

13. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

And the humour lost on others

bloss

14. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

I'm not expecting it to be funny.

15. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

16. Darth Vader

Darth Vader From the Dark Side

I remember in the very first few episodes it was "silly old cow" but the beeb got complaints so it was rapidly changed. Even my dad though 'cow' was a bit over the top on TV. OK at home and with the neighbours though! Even some of my schoolgirls (when I was teaching) referred to the Headmistress as that "silly old cow" and that was years later.

Happy days.

Cheers,

DV

17. AllyD

AllyD ex audio room poster

Going by the photo, it looks as if it will still be set late 60's/early 70's. It's a pity as I would like to see Alf commenting on vaping, streaming and social media.

Ally

18. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

The Beeb is doing a series of these old sitcom recreations, including Are You Being Served, complete with Mrs Slocombe's pussy.

I've heard some of the remakes of Hancock's Half Hour lost episodes on R4. They are very good.

I reckon this series willl be a bit of a hit for the Beeb which is a comedy desert at the moment.

19. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

I can understand remaking stuff that has been lost, as in the case of HHH (and I agree about the 'Missing Hancocks' - McNally is superb, although 'Sid James' less so) - hopefully, though, the beeb will find time to squeeze in original episodes of the various sitcoms too, at some point in the 'celebration'.
    Although not interspersed with celebrity talking heads, as they usually seem to do. I have no interest in hearing from Kenny Lynch about his favourite sitcom scene...

Mick

20. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

all we need now is a remake of Mind your language...