1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

All in one

Discussion in 'audio' started by kitemap, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Charlie_1

Charlie_1 pfm Member

Selekt is clearly Linn's view of a brave new world without lots of boxes. Not heard it myself yet. I do wonder what you'll make of it after valve amps etc.

If you just want to experiment on the cheap then the Linn Sneaky is about £500 second hand. I have one in the kitchen/lounge that sounds good to me - with pair of Majik 109s. Doubt you'd lose much on it if/when you decide to sell it on. Tidal is now integrated into the Linn app, as is Qobuz and Spotify. Radio channels are also accessed via the app.

However, if you have enjoyed the Naim sound in the past then Jono's Naim Atom suggestion makes most sense to my mind.

Nice thing about all-in-one boxes is that the elements have all been voiced to work with one another so it takes the component matching part out of the equation, although you still need to find a well matched pair of speakers.

I would say take your time and try to enjoy the demo/buying process, if possible.

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  2. Alonso1973

Alonso1973 pfm Member

A Devialet is a sort of all in one box end game....but 2 boxes seem to be the sweet spot of performance/low box count....

3. mattgbell

mattgbell Stop worrying!

Anyone know what the sampling rate and bit depth of the Devialet phono stage is? I had a cursory look online, but didn’t find anything conclusive. Perhaps 24/96? though have also seen it quoted as 24/192.

4. coupe-sport

coupe-sport pfm Member

24-192 on the later Expert Pro models. The earlier models may have been 24/96.

5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

My non pro 200 will deliver 24/192 from ADC

6. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

It’s remarkable to think Meridian were already far down this road 30 years ago with the launch of the D600s! I have to say though the phono stage on the 562 digital preamp was an abomination and I wasted years with one, getting rid of turntables due to poor performance. The Devialet RIAA/ ADC is in a different league, performing the correction in the digital domain with profiles for many cartridges downloadable from their point and click menu on the Configurator platform.

Robert M likes this.
  7. mattgbell

mattgbell Stop worrying!

Thanks!

8. Allaboutmusic

Allaboutmusic pfm Member

What speakers are those?

9. Robert M

Robert M pfm Member

A major jump in advancement surprisingly.

10. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

They look very much like Kans to me, on third party (Atacama Nexus?) stands. Very neat looking setup!

Jono_13 likes this.
  11. Allaboutmusic

Allaboutmusic pfm Member

Yes very smart looking

Jono_13 likes this.
  12. Jono_13

Jono_13 Duffer

They are the MkI Linn Kans my dad bought in the early 80s, untouched and great condition.

Well spotted! I have deliberately used the supplied rubber feet with the stands to decouple the speakers without damaging them.

And thanks for your compliments the Atom into them is superb firing across my long narrow lounge as well as looking lovely. Out of shot I also have a Rega RP3/Fono into the analogue input and my HDD Recorder via optical for spinning LPs and CDs respectively.

I will also use the HDMI input in future for the somewhat oversized TV....

Torris12 and linnfomaniac83 like this.