1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Amy Winehouse,RIP

Discussion in 'music' started by dixie chicken, Jul 23, 2011.

1. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Yes he compared her to Dinah Washington as I recall.

2. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Amy's funeral took place today.

Jack

3. Tightgit

Tightgit pfm Member

That 's quick! Mind you No PM needed there,
    £1k a day so i just heard,:cool:

Man that's a lot of cabbage

4. Cav

Cav pfm Member

I think the quick funeral was to do with Jewish religious lore.

5. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

It is indeed part of the Jewish tradition, I think ideally you get the body buried in under 24 hours. Obviously in times gone by in the Middle East you didn't want bodies hanging around any longer than was absolutely necessary so there was none of this lying in state nonsense.

6. wheres vuk

wheres vuk pfm Member

and in general, middle-staners(jews and moslems) dont use preservatives or otherwise desecrate by embalmation.

7. Paul R

Paul R pfm Member

I believe there has been a PM, and an inquest opened and adjourned until October.

Paul

8. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

There has indeed been a PM, it's pretty well obligatory for a young person even if they have drug/alcohol issues. After all, it's not unheard of for one drug/alcoholic might murder another while off their head, or for bad drugs to be floating around, an overdose or indeed an accidental death drowned in the bath episode. All of these are equally sad for the family involved, but in some cases other people need to be brought to account.

For my part I feel saddened but in the same way I do when I hear an exceptional mountaineer or a motorcycle racer is killed. They know they are participating in an above risk activity. The difference I suppose is that mountaineers and racers are clear headed and get the chance to think it through rationally before setting off. Substance abusers by the nature of things are not thinking straight or making rational decisions.

9. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

10. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

Thanks for that muz. I'm looking forward to giving that a listen.

11. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

There's a good piece about Amy Winehouse by Caitlin Moran in today's Sunday Times.

She says her death was like a lion following its roar.

Jack

12. Peter Stockwell

Peter Stockwell Fried Man in Paris

To be honest, the media presentation of the "bad girl" Amy Winehouse turned me away from, ever, listening to her music. What did it for me was a Jolly Boys (Very old jamacain musicians plaing a klind of folk reggae - "Menge") version of "Rehab" that I heard on Manu Katché's "One Shot Not" (broadcast on Arte in France and Germany), that had my wife decide to get the Amy Winehouse "Back to Black", I didn't want to listen to it.

It's a damn shame the girl was on autodestruct, a tragic loss, I feel now.

13. demersal

demersal Banned

14. Markus S

Markus S 41 - 29

15. duncan

duncan ...

16. johnhunt

johnhunt pfm Member

stupid boy

17. Still

I suggest forgetting the meeja spin & listen to the music with an open mind.

18. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Amy had lots of talent and, unfortunately, lots of problems, too.

[YOUTUBE]b-I2s5zRbHg[/YOUTUBE]

Joe

19. Still

20. Mark Pope

Mark Pope Senior Moment

Definitely. I was a bit sniffy about Amy Winehouse because of the way she was portrayed in the media. Then I bought the CDs from a charity shop. I was wrong. They are now among my favourite albums.