1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Andrex, £100

Discussion in 'Interesting eBay auctions' started by TheDecameron, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Avinunca

Avinunca Canine Hifi and electronics enthusiast.

I was tempted to buy one of these items the other day just for the satisfaction of giving negative feedback and some choice words.

2. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity

I’m sure that’s really hurt them

3. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

They're having a laugh, my brother bought nine rolls from ASDA earlier for £2 and I bought eighteen rolls yesterday for £5.50 from the One Stop over the road.

On the other hand, I wanted some hand sanitiser the other day, only £2.45 a bottle on Amazon so I thought I’d order two (didn’t want to be greedy but also want enough to last so thought that’d be a fair amount to order), they had plenty in stock which I was surprised about... until I got to the checkout and the delivery was £68.50 (for delicious in five days), tossers, they can keep it. I’m self isolating now anyway, my work for the next few weeks is gone (I’m in the entertainment industry) and I’m in a high risk category, I’ll save some fuel and possibly my life too, stay home and use soap, which is by far the most effective defence.

4. irb

irb pfm Member

I got an email from eBay the other day saying this: "Prices inflated above prevailing market value: listings that attempt to profit from tragedies and disasters (such as the Coronavirus outbreak) are prohibited."

However eBay are clearly not interested in actually implementing their own policy - these and similar listings have been up for days, and they're not exactly hard to find. I've reported it, but the listings are still there.

mikechadwick and Wolfmancatsup like this.
  5. a.palfreyman

a.palfreyman pfm Member

IZAL anyone?

6. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

If you can trace any San Izal, you can use it as tracing paper. Anyone remember those fifties (sixties?) school bog rear-end cleaning accessories?

7. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

Oh yes, was still there in the 70s at mine, as are the scars from using it.

8. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

9. a.palfreyman

a.palfreyman pfm Member