1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Antelope Zodiac Gold DAC with Voltikus PSU

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by shrink, Jun 12, 2019.

1. shrink

shrink pfm Member

On behalf of a friend who's not on PFM I can offer a rather lovely high end DAC/PSU bundle from Antelope.

Usable as a digital preamp, this has almost every input under the sun. Balanced, Single ended, USB, etc etc.

Also a very capable headphone amplifier in its own right.

Brushed champagne finish on both units, and both immaculately boxed with instructions etc.

Looking for offers in region of £1800 posted in the UK for both units.

2. shrink

shrink pfm Member

3. shrink

shrink pfm Member

Offers?

4. shrink

shrink pfm Member

Surprised there’s been not even any questions about this one. As dacs go it’s a pretty serious bit of kit.

5. shrink

shrink pfm Member

Based on some feedback and looking around I’m going to reduce this to £1500 all inclusive of UK post.

Undercuts second hand pricing elsewhere and this unit is immaculate

6. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

needs some juicy pics , it is a lovely bit of kit

7. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

I’ve heard this DAC and it is genuinely stunning. I have a dCS, and this is one of very few credible alternatives I’ve heard.

8. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

£1800 and no photos....prime example of why limited interest...photos sell dreams.

9. shrink

shrink pfm Member

It’s reduced to £1500

And if someone is genuinely interested I’m more than happy to send a few photos across.

Sadly this forum doesn’t allow uploaded photos and I no longer have a photo hosting site, so trying to get photos here from a mobile phone is a bit of a mare!

10. Goldenmouse

Goldenmouse pfm Member

[​IMG]

Not the actual one for sale but identical unless I'm mistaken.

11. shrink

shrink pfm Member

yep, that's the beastie... looks just like this and condition is just as perfect.

12. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

Photo hosting is free and dosent require an account

https://imgbb.com/

but what a beasty pair, they are awesome.

13. Sajambam

Sajambam Member

If you’re willing to sell the voltikus separately let me know.

14. shrink

shrink pfm Member

I may be willing to. Did you have an offer in mind?

15. Sajambam

Sajambam Member

Thanks for reaching out. There was a brand new voltikus that popped up on ebay a few months back for $200. I was hoping to obtain one for a price near that amount.

16. shrink

shrink pfm Member

I'll have a think and come back to you. I'd probably have been looking for about £300 posted for the unit. The fact you're quoting dollars makes me wonder where you are located? are you in the UK?

17. Sajambam

Sajambam Member

I’m in the US, east coast (Virginia). Please think about it and let me know, if you are willing to come down in price I think we can reach a deal. And I can cover the shipping.

18. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

If this is a UK spec Voltikus, it's 250V. Might be worth bearing in mind for a potential US user?

19. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

250V? Surely 230 or 240?

The Chronicals likes this.
  20. Sajambam

Sajambam Member

Not sure why I didn’t think of this before.... so it appears I would need to buy a voltikus with US voltage standards? That should make the search even more fun. I’ve inquired with antelope whether they have one stocked away in their warehouse that they could unload at a discount, but I’m not holding my breath for that to work out