1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Nord MP amp experiences, including vs UP models?

Discussion in 'audio' started by Fretbuzz, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Has anyone heard the Nord MP Ncore amps? They're the cheaper ones in the range and don't have the buffer/opamp options of the NC500-based amps. Range here: https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/products

The MP is tempting for the price difference supposedly 'Offering 85-90% sound quality of the standard NC500 amplifier.' Hardly any accounts of them out there though (if lots for the NC500s), but I've seen referred to as being a bit drier which isn't a general quality I'm after.

Any related thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

3. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

4. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Cheers Snufkin. Yep the 1200s look interesting too. I've read so much on these amps the past couple of weeks (including another mahoosive thread on audioshark) it's all kind of blended in to one, but the overall impression I get is the NCores are a bit more natural sounding. Though varying views do abound.