1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Projector experts in????

Discussion in 'off topic' started by strummer, Feb 14, 2011.

1. strummer

strummer pfm Member

Thanks guys

Looks like this one will have to wait :( Bugger, I really wanted to sort it too.

Thing is, a 50" screen is a nice size for the room, but I can't mount a TV above the fire yet, because we (she) has a big "balanced flu" gas fire, which sits in the wall with just minimalsist marble "sash", rather than a proper surround. The heat rises & makes the wall really hot. A TV would explode up there.

I've experimented with a 6" plank over the fire & this deflects the heat perfectly. I plan to get a stone surround so I can put the TV (or pref projector screen) over the fire.

The existing 40" TV is at the side of the fire, but overhangs the chimney breast by about 6"

I can't get away with any industrial looking screen arrangement. A 180" White picture would go un-noticed & serve purpose.

Ideally, I want to go Projector, because mounting the TV would mean drilling & routing cables.

It's just have to go on the back burner until they start making more Long throw models.