1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody require any 10uF 35V Tants?

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by JimmyB, May 20, 2020.

1. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

I seem to have found quite a stash of Mil-Spec (means nothing) AVX 10uF 35V tants. These were 'saved' from the bin due to them having been rejected from a production line due to what looks like the lead forming machine catching them at one shoulder. Absolutely no impact on use but when you're building for the US you tend to play it safe....

Does anyone have any use for these anymore?

2. Jo Sharp

Jo Sharp Pulls on doors marked push

Hi Jimmy,

I’d be interested in taking some from you. How many is “a stash” and how much are you selling for?

Jo

3. MJS

MJS Technical Tinkerer

Any pics of the 'damage'?

4. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 35yrs a Naim owner

I could make use of 20 or so.... subject to the questions above!!

Thanks for offering these...

5. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

Right, let me try to get an image up of the 'damage' first.....

(That took a while)

If you look at the right hand cap and its left shoulder you can see a slight indentation from the forming tool and likewise on the right shoulder on the left one. Will not affect fit, from or function and for all I know there are millions out there like this.
    [​IMG]

MJS likes this.
  6. chiily

chiily PFM Special Builder

JB,

I would be interested in about 20 if you have enough to go around.

Ta

7. 337alant

337alant Negatively Biased

I would also be interested in 20 if you have enough?

Alan

8. Colinb

Colinb pfm Member

Same here, thanks.

9. Retro

Retro pfm Member

Same here thanks JB

Graham.

10. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

Ah, I'll see what I have left in the bag. I swapped the majority last week but did keep some for myself so I'll see what I can accommodate.
    Bear with me though as I haven't managed to get them out to Jo Sharp or Mynamemynaim due to a lack of open Post Offices and large letter stamps around here!!

11. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 35yrs a Naim owner

Thanks Jimmy
    I'm sure they will get here when your able...and thanks again....glad I got in early!!

12. Jo Sharp

Jo Sharp Pulls on doors marked push

Arrived - thank you. Donation to PFM made.

Jo

13. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

Glad to hear Jo. I'm currently trying to get a few back from my nephew who wanted them to sell on ebay for everyone else. If I am successful I'll let you know!!