1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone cancelled Sky sports yet

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Accuphaseman, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Accuphaseman

Accuphaseman pfm Member

I was wondering if anyone has cancelled there Sky Sports subscription.

For me there's no football and no F1 for the foreseeable future so gonna save some pennies and cancel.

PhilofCas likes this.
  2. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity

My F1 UHD contract ends in May, so I’ll see what happens. I’m sure the marketing people at Sky will be trying to come up with something, but until this virus dies out, there’s not really anything they can tempt me with. Maybe a new series about how quickly thousands of businesses are going under?

3. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

I'm with BT.
    I have not watched any CL football this season.
    Yeah I know.

Brian likes this.
  4. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

[​IMG]

Cheese and Rcook like this.
  5. bob

bob pfm Member

Unless Sky offer customers refunds while there is no live sport on the pay channels I imagine people will just cancel their direct debits.

6. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

I suspect Sky will be holding people to contracts until they know whether sports are going to restart.

7. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

Do I smell a class action?

8. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Staying alert

I suspect they’ll offer to extend existing contracts by however many months sport is affected, rather than allowing cancellations. I imagine they have decent ‘force majeure’ get outs in the contracts as it is.

Bob McC likes this.
  9. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

not in the UK.
    They aren’t permitted,

10. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Thoughts & prayer with Sky Sports News presenters

11. Tony Lockhart

[​IMG]

12. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

I cancelled Sky Sport in 2007 and felt richer financially and morally. I now watch The Champions League on BT and the football is for the most part better than the PL.

I won't cancel my current BT Sport subscription, which is £1.50 a month. I was given the discount after I began the process of switching to Talk Talk.

Jack

andrew d likes this.
  13. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I only have Sky Sports so my son can watch football via Sky Go while at Uni. Best dad in the world etc

14. Spike

Spike pfm Member

I just buy passes for NowTV. Saves me a fortune.

15. Aethelist

Aethelist pfm Member

Same here. I took a £19.99 offer for six months 3 weeks ago. Was looking forward to the new F1 season and watching the IPL cricket every morning and the golf, Players , Masters etc in the evening.

So I'm cancelling that and buying a Now TV sick with a 3 months Sky Sports voucher from Curries for £59.99 and I'll use that when this ridiculous panic is eventually all over.

The Stick will be sold for £15 on the bay (rrp £25.99) so that brings the total cost down to £15 a month (vs £34.99)

Bargain.

16. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

Those stick deals are often good and you basically get the passes for free when you sell them on ebay

17. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

I would never give any money to an enterprise set up by the dreaded Murdoch.

sq225917, najb and Barrymagrec like this.
  18. Tony Lockhart

That’s what I stuck to until, firstly, he had left, and secondly, I realised that watching live F1 legally via any other method was third rate. Now TV was ok on the odd occasion, but has no functionality and is still a part of Sky.

19. canonman

canonman pfm Member

From money saving expert site

Sky Sports customers CAN now pause their subscription. Subscribers to Sky Sports (though not BT Sport) can now pause Sky Sports payments while sport is suspended.

Done it.

Accuphaseman and SteveS1 like this.
  20. cpg

cpg pfm Member

I should imagine that Sky has also told the Premier League that they are stopping further payments until Premier League football resumes.

The Premier League has told all the clubs that no futher TV money payments can be made

The clubs have told their players that they will run out of money soon.

About 50% of the players tell the clubs, sod you, I've got a contract, I want my money!

The other 50% have cancelled their orders for Bentley cars

The Bentley workers have been laid off until further notice.

Where does it all end?