1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone feeling (Linn) Kinky?

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by Loz828, May 25, 2019.

1. Loz828

Loz828 Member

I have a genuine Linn Kinky tool which I bought recently to service my LP12 (used to align the armboard and arm collar) and makes that part of the LP12 setup an absolute no brainer.
    Now that my LP12 sings as sweetly as a peach, I (hopefully) will not need my Kinky tool again for many years to come. Seeing as I have far too much "stuff" already I thought I would launch it into the big wide world and see what comes of it.

If you want to "borrow" it there are some rules -
    1. I might or might not want it back some day.
    2. You pay the shipping costs - that's all, I'm not selling it.
    3. When you are done with it you must pass it onto someone else who wants to use it ASAP.
    4. Every time it moves (both sent or received) you send me an email to the address which I will engrave on the tool.
    5. Please write some notes or thoughts as you pass it on. It could be about your experience setting up your LP12 or absolutely anything else - complete freedom to say whatever you want, all previous notes should stay with the tool.

I have the exact dimensions now so can easily machine myself another one if mine goes astray, but this is something of a social experiment. I am hoping that as a community we can trust and share.

So......... first come - first served - PM me if ypu want it

2. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

Ooh, I'd like a go with that. I think I've got mine well sorted but it would be good to have a go with the official tool.

Stefan

3. Loz828

Loz828 Member

The nice thing about the Kinky is that you can get your arm board perfectly parallel and centered and make the arm collar do the position adjustment - only works for Linn arms with a collar. Many years ago I got my LP12 back from a dealer and the arm board was fractionally out of parallel to the plinth - no performance problem but it always annoyed me.

PM me your email address and we can sort it out, shipping costs will dpend on where you are, and you understand the rules yes?

4. Quadfan

Quadfan Member

5. Quadfan

Quadfan Member

May I borrow this tool.
    But I can not send PM.
    Please advice
    Many thanks