1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got the new Rustin Man album (on vinyl)?

Discussion in 'music' started by johncee, Feb 10, 2019.

1. johncee

johncee pfm Member

On my usually impeccably behaved system I get quite severe mistracking distortion on the last track on side 1 of this album. Wondering if it's a pressing problem. Anyone else found this?

2. flapland

flapland pfm Member

Expecting it tomorrow so will feedback once I give it a spin. Hopefully not a widespread issue. The Prefab Sprout off centre debacle is a current pain for me.

3. flapland

flapland pfm Member

Sorry I didn't get back earlier. Been a busy week and only listened to it last night. No issue I could hear on my copy.

4. johncee

johncee pfm Member

Thanks for the info.
    For me, the distortion only happens briefly on the track "euphonium dreams". When there are a couple of loud, highly processed notes on what I can only assume is a euphonium :)
    Maybe this is some kind of "torture test" that proves I'm wrong when I boast that my Decca never mis-tracks!

5. flapland

flapland pfm Member

If easy to exchange you might want to try another copy as it could be a slight mis-press if your Decca tracks everything else you have without issue.