1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

ATC SIA2-100

Discussion in 'audio' started by simon g, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Romulus

Romulus pfm Member

I note the SIA2 -100 has power out put 100watts into both channels at 8ohms and 135watts into both channels at 4ohms. Is this new amp one of these amps which can drive and hold its own with difficult speakers like Naim amp or even the humble Simaudio Moon 240i can (much more to restrictive degree)?

2. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Having given it some thought yes separate secondaries on one transformer will work due to the very low impedance of the output stages which are being floated on the same transformer mitigating the coupling between them. It's not a topology you see very often! Separate transformers would be ideal though as with only one transformer the channels are linked by the leakage capacitance of the transformer.

3. ATC_Loudspeaker

ATC_Loudspeaker ATC Official Account

Hi Romulus,
    Based on the Simaudio Moon 240i specs (from their website), the SIA2-100 offers more power into both 8 ohms and 4 ohms. I can't really comment on, "Naim amp" unless you advise a model(s) you are interested in.

Edit.
    I've found some good data on a comparable Naim amp, the Supernait 2 here:
    https://www.stereophile.com/content/naim-supernait-integrated-amplifier-measurements
    I don't know if this is regarded as being a good performer with 'difficult' speakers but it could be reasonable point of reference.
    Stereophile measures the max O/P at 89W into 8 ohms and 140W into 4 ohms. So, our SIA2-100 offers slightly more into 8 ohms and slightly less into 4 ohms but, in reality, very very similar.
    The Supernait 2 is more expensive at £3249.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  4. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

5. ATC_Loudspeaker

No plans at the moment.

6. shoniss

shoniss Active Member

Is the Amplifier section in the SIACD similar to that in the SIA2, they seem the same from the specs but it is difficult to know if that is the case?

7. ATC_Loudspeaker

They both employ the same class A/B MOSFET output stage, but the SIA2-150 features a larger power supply.

AndyU, Musicraft and MattSPL like this.
  8. dna audio

dna audio Trade: DNA Audio

Having heard the SIA2-100 recently I can vouch for it's performance. Sounded great in our big room (7m x 6m). Ours is on order and we cannot wait to get our dem unit in to experiment more. As with all of these things listening is the only option. Unless you have some very stubborn speakers it won't really be about power delivery, more which sound you prefer will be the biggest factor.

9. Romulus

Romulus pfm Member

Once you have experimented on your dem unit would you report your findings? I for one will be very interested.

10. dna audio

dna audio Trade: DNA Audio

Yes sure, I am hoping we get it in the next couple of weeks. We are heading to ATC next week for a factory tour so there should also be a detailed article on our web site that i will put a link on PFM for people to read if they wish..

11. DARINO

DARINO pfm Member

The sound I heard from the SIA2-100 was dynamic very tuneful. it is great at unravelling what is really going on in a recording. Just hook up a streamer/music server and you have a system. I agree, shame black isn't an option.

Musicraft likes this.
  12. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

I’m hoping they will update the looks sometime soon!! The older black version looked better IMHO

13. Musicraft

Musicraft Trade: Musicraft

Our new ATC SIA-100

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

Nice! How does it compare to the 150?

Musicraft likes this.
  15. Musicraft

Musicraft Trade: Musicraft

Thanks. Not had an opportunity to compare the two yet :( Sorry.

16. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

Looking forward to when you do..,,