1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Audionet SAM G2 integrated amplifier

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by simon g, Jul 12, 2019.

1. simon g

simon g Grumpy Old Man

This is an extremely high quality, beautifully made (in Germany) integrated amplifier that, if I weren't an inveterate box swapper, would be an amp for life. Really, really capable performer, built to a high standard using quality parts.

I bought this as an ex dem from an authorised Distributor. It is in very good condition, complete with original packaging and substantial double box packaging, Schuko mains lead, manual and optional remote control. Remote control does show some signs of use, as you might expect. This has the blue display.

Current retail for this is EUR5290.

You may have read of the apparent demise of Audionet. That isn't actually correct. The parent company Idektron had to close, but Audionet remains in business ready to support their products.

You can download the full information on this amplifier here:

http://en.audionet.de/wp-content/uploads/data_sheet_audionet_sam_g2__en.pdf

Inputs and outputs

Audio inputs: 5 pair RCA line, gold-plated, teflon insulated
    1 pair XLR balanced, gold-plated
    Audio outputs: 1 pair RCA, gold-plated, teflon insulated (Pre-Out)
    1 pair RCA , gold-plated, teflon insulated (Rec-Out)
    6,3 mm jack plug for headphone (switchable)
    Loudspeaker outputs: 2 pair Furutech Rhodium 4mm-jacks
    Remote activation: 1 Audionet Link (out), optical

Specification

Output: 110 Watt into 8 Ohm
    200 Watt into 4 Ohm
    Filtering capacity: 96,000 μF
    Frequency Response: 0 – 500,000 Hz (- 3 dB)
    Damping Factor: > 1,000 at 100 Hz
    Channel Separation: > 93 dB @ 1 kHz
    Harmonic Spectrum: k2 typ. -101 dB, @1kHz, 25 W/4 Ohm
    k3 typ. -106 dB, @1kHz, 25 W/4 Ohm
    THD + N: < -100 dB @1kHz, 25 W/4 Ohm
    SNR: > 103 dB (A-weighted)
    Input Impedance: Line-input: 10 kOhm, 150 pF
    XLR-input: 3 kOhm, 170 pF
    Power Consumption: < 1 W stand-by, max. 700 W
    Mains connection: 220…240 V / 50…60 Hz or 110…120 V / 50…60 Hz
    Dimensions: width 430 mm
    height 110 mm
    depth 360 mm

My price for this recent, little used, amplifier is £1,960.

Collection is fine from me in Bexhill, with a deposit to secure in advance with payment by cash on collection, or prior by bank transfer.

I'm happy to arrange a courier, but carriage is at buyer's risk. Cost would be £15.59 with £100 of transit cover. With full insurance it would be £106.79 (with UPS via Interparcel). You're welcome to arrange your own courier, with collection at my convenience, subject to full payment in advance by bank transfer. Box is 80x30x61cms and 20Kgs.

Alternatively, I could do a meet up within reasonable distance of me in the south east of the UK. Again, I'd ask for payment in advance by bank transfer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. simon g

simon g Grumpy Old Man

Still here at present. I've been comparing this to the amp that I bought to potentially replace it, but I may just keep the Audionet. If anyone is genuinely interested, then please let me know before I change my mind! If I do keep this, then my very recent Harbeth P3ESRs will also be up for sale.

3. Rana

Rana pfm Member

This is a sonic bargain if my AudioNet experience is anything to go by.

Cereal Killer likes this.
  4. simon g

simon g Grumpy Old Man

You're absolutely right! I've done some further listening this morning. I'm withdrawing this from sale. The amp I bought to replace it will be up for sale soon (an almost brand new Naim SuperNail 2), along with a pair of P3ESRs. I had managed to get the P3s sounding good in my new place (having struggled so to do in my current place), so I wanted to recreate a Harbeth/Naim system that I had long ago. The SN2 sounds fine with the P3s, but completely outclassed (IMO) by my Audionet with Raidho X1s. You live and learn!

TLDR: withdrawn from sale

5. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

Not surprised you'd be keeping the Audionet over a Naim S/Nait.