1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Audiophiles and Snake Oil...

Discussion in 'audio' started by G T Audio, Jan 24, 2020.

1. G T Audio

G T Audio Trade: Manufacturer and Distributor

jtrade likes this.
  2. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

Folkman likes this.
  3. richardkendell

richardkendell Active Member

Well according to their web site
    "In fact, UEF Tech is so powerful even an electrical chain several miles long is fundimentally improved with nothing more than a single fuse engineered with our patented UEF Technology."
    So if one fuse was inserted in at the power station millions could share the miracle. And presumably it would also correct misspellings of fundamentally.

4. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

Definately!

That bloke does go on a bit.

Roger Adams and Mr Pig like this.
  5. Darren

Darren All Business

I subscribe to his channel. I like his careful, considered approach.

PBB likes this.
  6. vinylslug

vinylslug Resisting beguiling upgrades.

I quite like this guy - watched a few of his vids and he doesn't irritate me. There aren't many HiFi channels that can claim that! ;)

7. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

I got through about a third of it, but I got so bored that I died!

Tarzan, narabdela and tuga like this.
  8. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

Pretty much every bloke on YouTube could do with ‘getting to the bloody point’ a lot faster!

irb, seethroughyou, Darren L and 4 others like this.
  9. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

Agree. It's like when you read a book and realise the whole thing could have been summed up in three paragraphs. Life's too short. Get to the point or I'm out.

10. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

I have no idea, I am skeptical that it does but it reminds me of something I did years ago. I needed a multi-way extension to plug all of my stuff in. The one I had was a very cheap four-gang. Just to see what would happen, I removed the fuse from the plug of the extension and soldered in a brass bar. Actually a cut-down earth pin out of another plug.

It sounded better! I don't use it for long, as it was a ridiculously unsafe thing to do, but it was interesting. I've done lots of similar things and it's quite consistent. If you improve any connection, whether it is signal or mains, you can hear it. Usually.

vinylslug likes this.
  11. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Need to hit 10 minutes, or they don't get the filthy lucre!

12. G T Audio

I agree, but then again, I guess these channels wouldn't exist as they need regular slots to get the adverts fitted in.

13. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

How does that work? How do you get paid?

14. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Views, likes, subscribers, advertising, google ad sense etc etc...

15. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

Interesting proposition re removing the fuses. Was using a Pro-Ject UK 4 way extension till recently, now using this (DIY built DC EMI mains conditioner) it only has 1 fuse at the wall plug end, which is blingy MS-HD pure copper plug and comes with its own fancy silver plated fuse. Its all made a considerable improvement!

I've used these https://www.neutrik.com/en/neutrik/products/powercon/powercon-true1-top 20A plugs and sockets for in/out-puts
    [​IMG]

16. peterm

peterm pfm Member

I'd be less sceptical if they could spell fundamentally!

17. chartz

chartz pfm Member

No, they don't, they can't. But what they do is empty the pockets of gullible audiofools and fill the ones of sellers (should I say manufacturers? Nah). Same about cables: no cable manufacturers really manufacture copper wires do they? Crooks them all.

18. G T Audio

Its got much tighter recently. There are a number of parameters you have to meet to get paid, but essentially it is based on the number of subscribers, number of views and number of likes. YouTube are now deleting or terminating channels that don't meet certain criteria...

19. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

Its quantum, innit...

Cereal Killer likes this.
  20. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

4 x the BS 1363 code then?