1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain Box Sets

Discussion in 'music' started by merlin, Nov 14, 2013.

1. tuga

tuga European

2. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

3. poco a poco

poco a poco pfm Member

Unfortunately not just stores like Fopp now. I visited Sister Rays and Reckless Records on Saturday and virtually all their new reissue jazz stock seemed to be DOL and some Waxtime. In the past while they did have some DOL they had 'genuine' reissues as well. If buying from Amazon although they usually quote the label it is not always correct.

4. springer

springer pfm Member

5. jamo spingal

jamo spingal Member

6. jamo spingal

jamo spingal Member

It was the same when I visited Sister Ray in Soho and in Shoreditch. Having said that, the 2nd last time I was in London I bought a 1st pressing John Coltrane Concert in Japan, an album I'd wanted for ages.

7. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

8. herb

herb music live

9. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

10. guey

guey pfm Member

Weekender likes this.
  11. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

That seems to happen surprisingly often.

12. myles

myles Intentionally left blank

Same. It wasn't that outrageous a mis-price, was it?

13. springer

springer pfm Member

Not in the slightest, particularly given it's in the '2 for £25' deal at Sainsbury's.

14. guey

guey pfm Member

Not exactly a boxset, but Bluetech is offering for a short while his entire back catalogue (21 albums/EPs) for $5 on his bandcamp page.
    Any fans of dubby/ambient electronica would be wise to investigate.

chipbutty, Fretbuzz and Wolfmancatsup like this.
  15. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

Cheers for that - downloading the FLACs now.

16. suzywong

suzywong pfm Member

I assume from the same series, I just got Art Pepper 12 albums on 6CDs, also from Amazon for around £14.

17. herb

herb music live

There are some great CD bargains these days. I find that most of the '60s recordings are of good sound quality allowing for the then use of 'discrete two channel stereo', mono is also good. I hope you enjoy the Art Pepper as much as I enjoy the Dolphy.

18. chipbutty

chipbutty Mirrorless Manoeuvres

Thanks for this. An artist who had passed me by. Worth it alone for Sines and Singularities from what I've heard so far. Anyone else who likes this kind of thing should check out artists like Carbon Based Lifeforms and Solarfields.

19. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

From the Bill Evans thread...

20. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher