1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain Box Sets

Discussion in 'music' started by merlin, Nov 14, 2013.

1. scotty38

scotty38 pfm Member

That’s what I thought but the single vinyl version is available anyway. I ordered anyway just in case it is the £200 box set. We will see :D

poco a poco likes this.
  2. poco a poco

poco a poco pfm Member

:pGood luck with that Martin! I finally decided I would pre order the box set the other day even though I have a few of them on either vinyl or CD, but their website was misbehaving so I have put it off till after Christmas as I have overspent recently. You can though save 10% on your first order by signing up for their newsletter. ;)

scotty38 likes this.
  3. scotty38

scotty38 pfm Member

Agreed Jim and regarding overspending of late, tell me about it.... I have signed up and hung my nose over the set a few times before now and I don’t really expect this to pan out but one can live in hope. I have the 80ths coming next week then once we’re through Christmas the Tone Poets will start again so it’s never ending :D

4. Tray

Tray pfm Member

Thing about Amazon pre ordering is You pay for nothing until it's been dispatched.
    So things are worth a punt just Incase ?
    It's always worked out well for me over the years.

5. scotty38

scotty38 pfm Member

Yep exactly why I gave it a shot, not much to lose really.....

6. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

Apparently, there are reports of Amazon charging for pre-orders at the time of placing an order. It's worth checking your bank account. I know they charge straight away even when items aren't in stock - they used to wait until the item was shipped - but the word on the web is they're now charging pre-orders straight away as well.

7. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

You can order the CD box from Presto for £59 (free postage).
    https://www.prestomusic.com/jazz/products/8681136--tubby-hayes-the-complete-fontana-albums-1961-1969

8. poco a poco

poco a poco pfm Member

9. tuga

tuga European

10. Tray

Tray pfm Member

11. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

12. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Stuart Frazer likes this.
  13. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

14. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Its a great set Stuart, nicely packaged with a hardcover book (similar size to the Ladybird books we used to read in school!).
    Enjoy!

15. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

OK, me too. Should be interesting. Never really looked behind the pop singer front, although I knew there was more there.

16. Tray

Tray pfm Member

17. Tray

Tray pfm Member

18. Tray

Tray pfm Member

19. Tray

Tray pfm Member

20. starbuck

starbuck pfm Member

Tray likes this.