1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Beatles ‘Love me Do’ promo. disc

Discussion in 'music' started by Martyn Miles, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

A rare copy of the Beatles ‘Love me Do’ has just sold on eBay for £9,400. Only about 250 promo copies were made for radio stations, etc.
    This particular copy was given to a charity shop, along with other records.
    Good to see that the British Heart Foundation will profit from the sale.
    Don’t think I ever owned a copy of that Beatles’ single.

2. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

This reminds me I Just found out that at least one of my discs is valued at £300 to £1000 for a minter. A band member told me this so an interesting source ..

I worked in a record shop for 2 years when at Uni and always bought pvc sleeves for every record I got so quite a lot of mine are minters and cleaned every 5 years or so.

It shocked me as I realised thatnI should specify these in my will rather than have them lost thrown out ...damaged in the process and then worth less or zero before ...or indeed if... anyone rescues them.

3. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I have a few LPs that are accidently worth probably £100 or more, mostly 90s stuff from when no one was buying vinyl. My wife was very interested in this & suggested I amrk them out for when I'm gone, FFS I'm only in my forties!

Wolfmancatsup likes this.
  4. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

I understand my copy of Thelma Houston’s ‘I’ve got the Music in me’ may be worth a few quid.
    I also own a copy of Patchy Fogg’s ‘Today’s Weather’ made in the mid ‘70s. My twin brother was their occasional
    drummer.
    That fetches about £80 in good condition, which mine is.
    I even have the receipt from a member of the band.
    £1.75, if I remember correctly...