1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bedroom - Sonos / Audioengine

Discussion in 'audio' started by Keith Smith, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Keith Smith

Keith Smith Getting older every day.

Hi,

Just looking for opinions I've been using as a bedroom system a part of Audioengine A2 powered speakers and have been very happy.. My other half as bought me a Play 1, set it up yesterday very easy and a reasonable sound out of the box. ( straight to the Nas and Radio Paradise ) Anyway my real question is if I intend to keep it I think I need another to make a pair !! Anybody running a pair and how good are they ?

Thanks

2. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I use a pair of Play 1s in the bedroom. Sound is ok, but I only use them in the morning so that I can wake up to R3.

3. Keith Smith

This is not a serious listening source, just for mornings ( and when I work from home )

Thanks for the input

4. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

I think they make very nice replacements for, and compete sonically against, the likes of a decent bedside radio.

I've never set up a pair (we have three, but dotted around the house), but understand that they do make more than the sum of the parts that way.

5. Bangaio

Bangaio pfm Member

I have a play o1 and it's on sleep music duty in my daughter's bedroom. Sounds fine - better as a stereo pair and surprisingly good for the cost / size.

6. Robert M

Robert M pfm Member

I've a play 1 in the kitchen and it's used everyday. Excellent value.

7. Bangaio

Bangaio pfm Member

And just to add the Sonos interface is superb.

8. Keith Smith

I'm using with my nas at the moment, I've not really played with sound cloud - Spotify etc what the best solution / value ?

9. Conan

Conan Loop digger

You can play from nas, Spotify, deezer, Mixcloud, Soundcloud and in tune radio all from the Sonos app.

10. Keith Smith

Been using the Nas and tune radio, just wonder which of the other was the best ? I have a Spotify free account but have never really used it.