1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Album Bake Off #4 'take 2': Déjà Vu versus Desperado

Discussion in 'music' started by windhoek, Apr 21, 2019.

?

Which album is better?

Poll closed Apr 22, 2019.
  1. Déjà Vu

46.7%
  2. Deperado

53.3%
  1. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

Okay, so my intended #4 wasn't a hit here on pink fish like the albums were in the wider world, so let's move on to next on my list; my last one for tonight with just a few more to go tomorrow before we wrap things up and summarise the findings.

To get on with it, then, this vote is all about two of Americana's biggest and best albums: Déjà Vu by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young versus Desperado by the Eagles. Although both albums feature electric guitars, they're both in the vein of acoustic Americana and both made before each band became something else... something worse!

2. myles

myles Intentionally left blank

Our House - a song that I've always found intricate and beautiful Vs Desperado which tells a poignant story; and all the rest. Another toughie....I'll be back, but I'll need to have another listen first.

windhoek likes this.
  3. MichaelC

MichaelC pfm Member

Ooh, neck and neck. It was an easy bit of deja but for me.