1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Friday 2019

Discussion in 'off topic' started by seagull, Nov 22, 2019.

1. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

+ boxing day blowout

2. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

A pair of Jean's what? Are they to put in your wife's bouncy bouncy bras? You might get in trouble with that one.

3. cubastreet

cubastreet Espresso Fiend

Great price on Sennheiser hd4.50se Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones. I tried the regular (non se) ones for a while and they're pretty good for commuting or wearing at work.

Sennheiser HD 4.50 SE Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black (Amazon Exclusive) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BMQXVLB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_VO24DbR2D3G72

Also, refurbished Sony WH1000MX3 for $200

Sony WH1000XM3 Bluetooth Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones, Black WH-1000XM3/B (Renewed) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HJ87WJD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_4024Db3HXMCZ0

4. sam_cat

sam_cat C'est Crounchifique!

No, its not 2017 any more. Thats my gaming pc/AI dev box.
    I user to, made quite some ££'s running a number of rigs with 6x graphics cards each. No watercooling, simply wind down max power usage per card to limit heat/maximise coins mined per watt used.
    Then saw the end coming but still large demand for hardware so split it all apart and sold the graphics cards for more than I bought them for (and more than 18 months usage). Happy days.

Also had a number of bitcoins that I bought circa 2013-2014.. Sold those around the peak for a healthy lump of cash (and declared properly via my accountant)

No point in mining at home anymore unless you have free electricity. even then its barely worth the effort.

vuk, deebster and MikeMA like this.
  5. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

Loving your work sam

6. Aethelist

Aethelist pfm Member

We need to see pics. Otherwise it never happened.

7. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

lazycat, deanf, vuk and 2 others like this.
  8. sam_cat

sam_cat C'est Crounchifique!

Of what?

Early shot of one of the mining rigs with only 4 gpus, probably 980ti's
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  9. matt j

matt j pfm Member

I had 12x 1070s at my peak, like you I got out at the drop off and recouped a fairly high % of the intial outlay, not taking into account what I mined and now hold plus whatever I took out at the top.

10. tuga

tuga European

What an absurd debate format...

11. MichaelC

MichaelC pfm Member

Is that a time delation device?

12. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Yeah, that's exactly what I did (he lies unconvincingly).

sam_cat likes this.
  13. Dave***t

Dave***t pfm Member

Does time dilation, and also toasts 4 slices of bread at once.

Quite a machine.

14. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

I still haven't bought anything on Black Friday, Cyber Monday or anything else. I have got a flyer for Brook Taverner shirts on sale, I like their stuff and might have a go.

15. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Have not bought anything, but am tempted by the Vitamix E320 blender. Normally $399, it’s on sale for $299 at Costco.

Am on my third under-$100 blender in the last 5 years. Two motors burned out right after the 1 year warranty was up, and the 3rd is now starting to leak.

The E320 looks the business, and has a 7 year warranty. Only downside I can find is that it’s pretty loud (>100dB at higher speeds).

16. Marky-Mark

Marky-Mark pfm Member

17. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

Marky,

Wow, I used to think the TV was the Trojan Horse of mindless consumerism, but I guess it's not surprising that smart phones (i.e., pocket computers connected to the interweb) have become a leading way to buy crap.

Joe

18. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

I bought six bottles of wine, 12 glasses to drink them from, a cooler to get them to the right temperature beforehand and a hat to wear whilst drinking them. One can never have too many trilbies and a gentleman should always have pinstripes ready for deployment.

[​IMG]

Salamander and Weekender like this.
  19. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Whereabouts are you?

darrenyeats likes this.
  20. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

Is that an amp in there?

Seriously chilled eh?