1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Blatant copy

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by chiily, Aug 3, 2019.

1. chiily

chiily PFM Special Builder

2. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

Naim should have a go at them in order to protect their trademark
    Ebay should also pull it as "fake" goods

3. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

totally agree that these should be removed but some of their other own brand cases look quite interesting.

4. Cesare

Cesare pfm Member

It's a shame they aren't concentrating on otherwise unavailable older cases from various manufacturers, as they clearly have the skills to produce decent cases, and rather than being a counterfeiter, then could offer a real service to recondition older kit!

5. gingermrkettle

gingermrkettle Deep vein trombonist

6. S-Man

S-Man Kinkless Tetrode Admirer

They seem to have spoilt quite a decent case by putting a Naim logo on it!

Arkless Electronics likes this.
  7. Boxmaster

Boxmaster Member

Finaly some decent NAIM cases.

8. suzywong

suzywong pfm Member

They’re the wrong colour........ :):)

9. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

10. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It is shameless copyright/trade mark theft, I’m astounded eBay will actually run the listings! They certainly remove bootleg records and CDs when reported and have done for decades (I remember having an import Led Zep 7” pulled that I wasn’t even aware was a boot!).

I’d also expect it to reflect widely on other Chinese product too, e.g. if they will blatantly pirate trade marked logos etc on cases there is no way I’d trust caps, transistors etc from Chinese eBay sellers as they are also likely illegally rebranded crap.

Bob McC likes this.
  11. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

I thought FlatPopeleys were very good!

12. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

I'm massively circumspect about SRAM and Shimano bike parts from Hong Kong and China for this very reason and will only buy from EU & UK sellers.

13. gingermrkettle

gingermrkettle Deep vein trombonist

14. chartz

chartz pfm Member

They are copies yes. That eBay shop leaves me thinking what kind of profit hi-fi companies make.

And perhaps those posh Naim and AN devices are partly made in China anyway. Mmm... food for thought, isn’t it?

15. timH

timH Senior Moment Member

There are hundreds of naim clones on AliExpress from power amps to preamps to cases. Yes it’s blatant bu at least they all say they are clones or “naim style” or some such so at least they’re not trying to pass them off as the real thing

16. laverda

laverda pfm Member

They also sell Passlab 'look a like' cases (and have been for some years) along with quite a few others.

My question must be, who's missing the point here....the Chinese have no such interest in the thing we call copyright or trademarks. Look at the wrist watch industry.

You pays your £ or $ and takes your pick....

17. chiily

chiily PFM Special Builder

18. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Not true about the Chinese.
    Manufacturers May not but the courts do as Landwing found out when Jaguar Land Rover took them to court over their Evoke copy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landwind_X7

19. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Audio Research copy cases are around also... I know as a customer provided one for me to build them a TT PSU into it.

20. ammarmariti

ammarmariti New Member

I ordered a case for my class A headphone amp build and the China seller sent me an Audio Research front plate copy by mistake. They wouldn't pay for the return shipping for replacement so I'm using it.