1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Boris addressing the nation 5pm tomorrow

Discussion in 'off topic' started by I.D.C., Mar 18, 2020.

1. Monitor Gold 10

Monitor Gold 10 pfm Member

I've not seen any about this. I drive buses within the M25!

The plan I've seen is that all London Bus and Tube services will be operating to a Saturday Timetable from Monday.

Alex S likes this.
  2. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

It's always good to rely on "rumour"

I get the impression that the odd member here as been "on the sauce" tonight - such must be the boredom.

Neil Gilbert and Alex S like this.
  3. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

She had more data partly because she has a more paranoid population. 17 visits to the GP per year vs 6 in UK. The Germans also have shelves in the bog pan to drop their shit on so they can have a good look before flushing it down.

Alex S likes this.
  4. Monitor Gold 10

Yes, I'm not into rumours. Don't work for me. Just creates the kind of whirlwind of confusion that results in things like panic buying.

Like many other key workers, I work shifts. If I hadn't planned ahead, I'd have had no food available if I chose to shop after work the last seven days.

The very people who are keeping the economy moving are sometimes the least likely to get the food needed.

Apologies for the rant. After work this evening, I went to two Supermarkets and one Petrol Station to get flour, milk, butter and fruit juice. No bread at any of these places.

5. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Alex S and I.D.C. like this.
  6. I.D.C.

I.D.C. pfm Member

Odd member ? I don't know you but will not lower myself by insulting you.

Alex S likes this.
  7. I.D.C.

I.D.C. pfm Member

Alex S and twotone like this.
  8. Monitor Gold 10

Thankyou for the information; I've read that and equivalent articles from a couple of other organs.

The language used does not appear to indicate it will happen as soon as has been mentioned on this thread.

I'm not totally convinced about the Government's statements about helping people who rent- people like me- and I'd rather have proper information about this. It pays my bills!

The language used appears to reflect the fact that things might change and may be enforced if necessary.

I cannot tell you how stressful a lot of my passengers are feeling about this. I've offered to help a few.

Until an official statement is made, I chose to take this day by day.

I.D.C., Gaycha, twotone and 1 other person like this.
  9. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

As a Londoner I’ve just ‘liked’ every post in this thread. Hopefully we can all feel a tiny bit better. Today I lost three upcoming jobs indefinitely but I have two toilet rolls and a chicken wing. I’m good.

I.D.C., matt j, PhilofCas and 5 others like this.
  10. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Forgot to mention earlier when I posted about there being army vehicles in Glasgow that part of the same rumour was that Phil The Greek is dead.

I.D.C. likes this.
  11. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

Apologies - I was in no way referring to you.

I was referring to the "rumour" that the internet would be switched off. A lock down makes a some sense. The other "rumour" does not - any way that you look at it.

Remember that Lizzie is moving to Windsor tomorrow.

I.D.C. likes this.
  12. Alex S

My ‘likes’ thumb is now exhausted.

Neil Gilbert likes this.
  13. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Personally it's only a mater of time before I put that guy on ignore, just asked my daughter about his comment that people with the virus would be sent to London for treatment and she said that they can't do that.

The guy is a troll.

14. I.D.C.

I.D.C. pfm Member

Sorry thought it was meant for me.

15. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

We have a number of rooms available in Marchbanks Towers for refugees looking for a better life outside the forthcoming tyranny of London who are prepared to work in the fields. First come, first served. Bring us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses... er, I forget the rest. Actually, don’t bother if you are really, really tired.

16. Alex S

Can I chase mice?

17. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

Mice, squirrels, boggarts, you name it.

18. Alex S

Boggarts? Bog off.

19. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

I’m just home from Glasgow and there were some military vehicles about.... bit of a way from London tho

twotone and I.D.C. like this.
  20. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Alex S and Monitor Gold 10 like this.