1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Brexit next week: give me a positive effect it will have on my daily life

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Colonel_Mad, Jan 23, 2020.

1. KrisW

KrisW pfm Member

So, right now, when someone buys from you, you give them an invoice. On that invoice, there is the cost of goods, and the cost of shipping. Do you:

a. calculate the VAT for shipping at one rate, and the goods at another, different rate, and then sum all of the VAT up, or...
    b. total everything on the invoice both goods and shipping, calculate 2x% of that subtotal, and call that the VAT for the whole lot?

If you chose Option b., then that's a single-rated, or "composite" sale. You're treating the shipping as an inseperable part of the goods being sold, so the VAT rate that applies to the majority of the goods (by value) also applies to the shipping charge too. The advantage is that now each invoice total was subject to only one rate of VAT, so you can then calcuclate your VAT due on outputs just by looking at your total sales to each country.

If your products aren't all at the same VAT-rate, this isn't much of a help, but I had a quick look at your site, and I suspect that everything you sell is at the high rate?

2. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

And mine ...

I was planning to get dual nationality with Germany. I checked it out months ago, but it now looks like I might not be able to, according to The Week.

"However, Germany only allows dual nationality with other EU states, meaning that Britons who become German after Brexit would have to renounce their UK citizenship." If I renounce my UK citizenship, no doubt the national pension will be forfeited.

Elsewhere it says I should be able to apply through the principle of descent. The situation is confusing and I'll have to investigate.

The place I live in is worth £175,000 less than before the EU Referendum. That's a big slice of what I was going to use to live on as I get older. Yet there are some ignorant Brexiteers on pfm, who think people like me should be happy to pay that price. ^^^^ them.

I've signed a contract with an estate agent and the place will be on the market in a few months time. If Scotland becomes independent, I might eventually move up there.

One thing is for sure. Johnson is a racist. So are a lot of the Tories and many of the people who voted for Brexit. England is the most right-wing I can remember and it's going to get worse. There isn't a single positive effect that Brexit is having on my life.

Jack

Arkless Electronics likes this.
  3. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

We'll see.

4. eternumviti

eternumviti Bloviating Brexiter

Are you saying that the fall in the value of your flat is due purely to Brexit, or are there other reasons, such as, for example, the govt clamp-down on dodgy Russian money, or the general overheating of the central-London residential market?

You should be able to sell it ok, maybe you should hang on. Since July 1,400 EU financial sector companies have applied to the FCA for licences to open offices in London, during which time only a single UK financial services company has applied to open an office in the EU. Lots of those financial services people like living in your neck of the woods, especially the French. Isn't London France's second or third city?

Anyway, Germany's a good call, because there are no racists there.

5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Dad’s Army makes its final evacuation. Ring out the bells and bing the bongs. Did these two have a celebratory bonk in his office like John and Edwina?

[​IMG]

b
    y the time they’re under the sod, generations will wonder - WTF?

6. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

the flag being held up by that woman on the right is not merely at half-mast, but all the way down. isn't there some kind of bad symbolism/superstition associated with that?

7. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

To be fair, only 37% of the voting public votes specifically for Brexit and in the 2019 GE, @60% of voters voted for non—Brexit parties.

The problem is with our voting systems and how Politicians can move the goalposts as it suits them. For example, Cameron turned an advisory referendum (i.e. without constitutional safeguards) into a binding one, even though the Referendum bill specified it was to be the former and warned that we had no way to impliment the result.

Stephen

Nick_G and ff1d1l like this.
  8. eternumviti

eternumviti Bloviating Brexiter

I think there is with her too. Anyway, Nige's is fully erect, so all should be well.

9. TheDecameron

She’s signalling her availability to Nigel.

tuga likes this.
  10. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

you'd think the fetching haircut did that on its own.

11. jackbarron

The Brexit Brains Trust, the pride of England's foreigner-hating dunces.

Jack

tuga and Arkless Electronics like this.
  12. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Don`t let the fetching looks fool you, she`s quite capable of chaining pregnant women to their beds.

13. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Did you try to sell it pre - Referendum?

14. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Hopefully, when we rejoin, future MEPs (or equivalents) will be a proportional representation of each country's own Parliament. So there are no separate elections and Parties would have to discuss Europe as part of their own election offering. That way, we would no longer allow cretins that we would never elect to govern the UK, represent us in Europe.

MikeMA and jackbarron like this.
  15. TheDecameron

Well, they’re facing front, waving little flags so it’s an improvement on getting up and showing their arses to the speaker.

16. jackbarron

Exactly.

Jack

17. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Gutted for you, Jack. What's it going up for, £4,825,000?

Look on the bright side. It's a minor correction, making things a bit more affordable for the next generation of millionaire buyers.

18. jackbarron

You have been whining on about having to fill in forms in the EU. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

Jack

PsB likes this.
  19. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

I suspect Jack will be alright.

20. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Whatever. Blaming a drop in the value of your house on Brexit when the rest of the UK has seen some growth makes me wonder how you ever were able to afford it in the first place.

21. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

175 grand loss, **** me. Anyone who can afford to lose this much should not be aloud to comment on anyone outside of their wealthy bubble of discontent. Explains a ****** lot.

PhilofCas likes this.