1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bristol Show 2020

Discussion in 'audio' started by Mullardman, Jan 7, 2020.

1. David W Brown

David W Brown pfm Member

Might pop down one day, it's a three line whip for everyone else here bar us in the service department and those in the warehouse.
    Might combine it with a visit to my mate Matt who works at Bare Grills who are knocking out some of the best BBQ in the South West at the moment. http://baregrills-smokehouse.co.uk/

2. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

I can recommend the Northern Show at Cranage Hall, in June. 10 Minutes' drive from J18 of the M6.

3. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I’ve been for the last few years and enjoyed it. Recommended.

4. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

Let’s all meet in the Innuos room.

Gaycha, AndyU, Blackmetalboon and 2 others like this.
  5. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

We'll need to synchronise our clocks, er, watches. How do you propose we do that accurately enough...

Gaycha likes this.
  6. cjyosemite

cjyosemite pfm Member

Yes I have done it in the past with my neighbour which is a reasonable half day out for us, but in all honesty I limit my visits these days as I have got old & grumpy (some say I have always been grumpy) & I have no desire to change any of my kit.

7. nobeone

nobeone pfm Member

I believe £2500 does it, not quite sure how it works though ... perhaps it is easier to just look on our phones, I do think I know how they work, they get the correct time from the cell tower ...

AndyU likes this.
  8. rod ayling

rod ayling pfm Member

They say you should never meet your heroes, but im desperate to meet Keith and Julf.

Could be a long technical conversation though. :)

9. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

FTFY. :p

Alex S likes this.
  10. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

I'm going on Friday and am determined to find some way of being recognisable as a PFM member.

I've currently arrived at three possibilities:

1. Touring the show entirely naked, save for a strategically placed Pink 'Cod' Piece.

2. A small lapel badge bearing the legend 'PFM'. This one is difficult.. as I don't usually have lapels....especially on my CodPiece

3. Wandering about screaming "Pee Eff Emm, Pee Eff Emm, Pee Eff Emm!!.." at the top of my voice.

Which would members prefer?

suzywong and nobeone like this.
  11. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Yep. My nearest show. I go most years. I should be there this year.

12. nobeone

nobeone pfm Member

I'm happy for you to lead the way here Mull, though I might expect 1. & 3. to have you ejected quite quickly, this might work very well, the collection of nearly naked people screaming "Pee Eff Emm" outside the entrance is obviously the pfm meet and great?

Mullardman likes this.
  13. rod ayling

rod ayling pfm Member

Surely dressing in pink from head to toe for identification purposes is the obvious answer here?

Or is that another kind of event, im getting mixed up with?

Mullardman likes this.
  14. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

I think we should all turn up with a suit jacket over a bare chest, then post a group photo to annoy the resident forum philosopher

Mullardman likes this.
  15. dave charlton

dave charlton pfm member

I have a pink shirt that I might wear...

Mullardman likes this.
  16. geodiak

geodiak pfm Member

Michell Engineering will introduce the new Cusis low output MC cartridge finaly.

17. Romulus

Romulus pfm Member

I may go, my only gripe is why do the presenters of systems play such utter pretentious music which fills the listener with an emptiness. My only conclusion is that the particular choice of music shows of the bass, the female singer and perhaps the other instruments but it all is so boring, lifeless and unimaginative. The presenter excuse would be 'we cannot satisfy every ones taste' well that's kind of obvious but the music of choice does not have to be the other way so bad............

FangfossFlyer and suzywong like this.
  18. paul darwin

paul darwin Trade: Rega Research

Romulus, come to the Rega room and we will play anything you want.

19. suzywong

suzywong Wot, no electrons?

Oooh, tempting :)

20. nobeone

nobeone pfm Member

Many moons ago I thought it would be funny to ask a guy demo'ing some tiny bookshelf speakers they imported to play some Rage Against The Machine, he obligingly turned it up a whack demonstrating just how poor said speakers were at banging out such tunes at decent levels. I have grown up a little since then, even at the time I felt a little sorry I had asked. Nobody benefited from my childish game, and perhaps I'm one of the reasons they all play dull stuff now? Sorry all.