1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Cameron, Hague and Clegg, Leave Britons Stuck In Libya

Discussion in 'off topic' started by jackbarron, Feb 25, 2011.

1. prowla

prowla pfm Member

And thus it is all Cameron, Hague and Clegg's fault?

2. Fender

Fender pfm Member

Zener..My point exactly!

3. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

Don't be such a drama queen! ;-)

I was pointing out (in response to zener) as HMG has been encouraging us to get commercial with Libya it's not unreasonable for those in trouble to expect assistance now.
    Maybe there are one or two (like Mescalito) who have private 'regime change' evacuation insurance.

4. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

I think we are as much to blame as they are, if we didn't use as much oil there would be no need for them to be there.

5. prowla

prowla pfm Member

Narp - just trying to figure out what your angle is today...

6. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

7. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

Wait and see theyll mention SAS again soon - arse fire out of

8. prowla

prowla pfm Member

Libya: UN Security Council votes sanctions on Gaddafi: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12589434, and They backed an arms embargo and asset freeze while referring Col Gaddafi to the International Criminal Court for alleged crimes against humanity.

There y'go - it's now illegal to sell him arms, and he can't get at his dosh.

9. afewbeers

afewbeers more sense than money

"The British did nothing until it was too late"

what do you mean by too late?

10. canonman

canonman pfm Member

Nah, on past form, the tail gunner must be a libdem!

11. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

We should make it clear that any talk of Hague being a rear gunner is unsubstantiated rumour.

12. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Ha ha, that was purely accidental but funny.:D

13. Still

Your thinking out loud is highly entertaining, so please continue. :)

14. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Today, according to Hague, there are still 357 British citizens in Libya, many of whom are stranded out in the desert.

How much Hague can be trusted, is a different matter. He said earlier in the week that Gaddafi had gone to Venezuela.

According to the Foreign Office the last British flight left Libya yesterday.

If you are British and you want to fly out today, you might be able to get on a Romanian flight, if there is space.

Cameron was too busy fellating arms dealers, and dictators, during his trip to the Middle-East to bother doing anything practical about Libya.

Jack

15. prowla

prowla pfm Member

I'm now thinking that I wonder when (or if) you will next have something useful to say... :)

16. canonman

canonman pfm Member

What's (Mr) Millibean doing to help?

17. Still

In terms of entertainment, such eloquent turns of phrase are also welcome :)

18. prowla

prowla pfm Member

Evidently not yet then.

19. Still

BNP sympathisers take note.

20. prowla

prowla pfm Member

You are trawling there - did you ever vote for Labour?