1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

"Can't tell an album by looking at the cover"

Discussion in 'music' started by MUTTY1, Aug 7, 2003.

1. MUTTY1

MUTTY1 Waste of bandwidth

Recently took a punt on a double album for £6 - Jack Dieval Quintet - Live at the "Comedie des Champs Elysees".

Himself on the cover is a dead-ringer for the Kentucky fried Chicken bloke but with a pipe stuck in his mouth. This does not look promising. This is a journeyman making some money on some far-distant fame from the past. Its even manufactered by Rediffusion for god's sake - don't they hire out TV's or something?

Big Wrong! OK - some covers but this is dynamic, original and played like it was everyone's first pro appearance. Great stuff.

Any simular experiences?

2. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Every record fair I go to, I usually buy a few albums (cheap ones, mind) on the basis of the look of the cover or whether I can recall someone mentioning them. Invariably I get it wrong, but sometimes I luck out and get something really good.

If it costs £1 or £2, and it sucks, but has a good cover, it can always become art on the wall...

jtc