1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Cd or universal player

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Philv, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Philv

Philv pfm Member

high end older universal format player, cd player etc.

Denon 2900, 3910
    Sony qs
    Pioneer 717, 737
    Etc
    Or cd player

Max budget 100

Silver or simila light color
    Remote

2. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

I'd be looking at an Arcam or Marantz CDP at that budget

The CD62 was a not bad player at all: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcam-CD...214879?hash=item3fa3de9c5f:g:gfsAAOSwL~hbOPXg

This might be worth looking into as well: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcam-Al...082785&hash=item1a57f6bfe4:g:4~0AAOSw1WxbRifP

This wasn't a bad spinner either: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARANTZ-...943975?hash=item1cb18dcaa7:g:W-gAAOSwrTVbQR6A

Not a bad Denon here either: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denon-DC...441239&hash=item214207b786:g:EcwAAOSwI8lZ-H5b

I think I've still got my Arcam Alpha 9CDP in the loft (unless my brother still has it)

If you can stretch your budget a touch I'd be happy to let that go; fully boxed with power lead etc (need to find it first)

3. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

Wasn't the 9 in Arcam grey? As it happens, I wouldn't mind trying one myself if that's a deal breaker for the OP.

4. Philv

Philv pfm Member

Thanks for the offer and advice.
    As i now have a dac i’m now thinkng older universal player as a transport.

5. Curtis

Curtis pfm Member

High end for £100 good luck!

6. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

Realistic price for an old good DVD player.

7. Curtis

Curtis pfm Member

Ok i will take one if someone offers one up for £100

8. Curtis

Curtis pfm Member

If your looking for a universal player i would avoid sony and look at marantz and pioneer. I had sony sacd players and all if them had laser faults.

9. joleyami

joleyami pfm Member

I have a Denon 2900 SACD/CD/DVD Player, Silver with built in Dac, sounds superb.

With Remote and I am Sure I have the original box and manual.

Would like a bit more than £100 though.

10. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

I've owned 2 Denon 3910s in the past, got them for £50 both times.

11. Barnboy

Barnboy New Member

Denon 2910 Universal, Remote original boxed etc etc Yours £60
    I also have a Marantz SE 63 Boxed and Remote £30
    Musical Fidelity X Ray (round shape) Boxed remote etc Sometimes skips track 6 intermittent! £100
    All in 8.5 /10 condition or better IMHO
    If any of these float your boat give me a shout. I'm moving to France next month and have to dispense with an amount of 2nd and 3rd systems and have gone Mu SO!

12. Barnboy

Barnboy New Member

All the above collected or postage to be added Sorry for not being precise

13. anubisgrau

anubisgrau pfm Member

Now that I spent some time with Shigaclone CD transport, must say there is a long way to go for most of the standard machines, depending what level of SQ you want to achieve.

14. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

15. Curtis

Curtis pfm Member

Well i shall fo forth and eat humble pie!

16. Curtis

Curtis pfm Member

Cant say i have noticed any difference in transports on dvd or cdps going into a dac sound wise.
    Dvdps can be noisy when they spin discs.
    Also not sure if the older universal players can output dsd if thats a requirement.
    Best check.

17. naimitbren

naimitbren Active Member

I have a black, Arcam DV137 boxed with all the bits, can do it for £100, just to get rid of it.
    Based east midlands

18. It' just me

It' just me Member

I have available a Marantz DV7001 Universal Player including remote in silver finish. Was going to list it for £150 but if you want it i'll let it go for £100 plus postage.

19. Magic

Magic pfm Member

I’ve got a silver Pioneer DV757AI universal player I excellent, fully working condition, complete with original remote & manual.

I was using it for SACD & DVD Audio playback & it plays everything I’e thrown at it. Sounds great with redbook CD too.

I can sort out some pics if you’re interested.

Looking for £75 inclusive of delivery.

20. Paul_Riordan

Paul_Riordan pfm Member

I have an Oppo DV-980 which plays DVD, DVD Audio and SACDs. Boxed, remote, manuals etc. etc. Not been used for a long time and only used for a few hours when it was plugged in.... free to you if you pick up from Swindon or happy for you arrange for a courier pick up at your cost....