1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes to Flickr terms and conditions

Discussion in 'photo' started by Stunsworth, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

yes, 35 quid (for the first year at least) isn't too bad... tho, I find I'm using flickr less and less for new content..

I will more than likely whinge about it some more then cough up :D

2. Paulicus

Paulicus pfm Member

Flickrs free accounts had 1 terabyte of free storage, which depending on image size could equate to about 400k to 500k images. The new terms and conditions have dropped this down to 1k images, which is a serious drop in numbers.

Fortunately, I don't use it as image backup, but simply for hosting and sharing to PFM.

I've culled my photostream down from about 1200 to 305 photos. Sadly, there's going to be broken links on old stuff, but not as much carnage as I thought.

3. stevied

stevied über wagonista

I've taken 'advantage' on the discount offered as I'd not want to spend the time re-saving these onto a local drive - so it's a fair deal in my eyes.

4. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

I'm thinking about it... I pay dropbox £80 a year for 1TB and only use a small amount of it, as I don't back up my photos there. I have Amazon Prime, so I keep a backup there, but it's not easy to manage (mainly because I've not really studied it...) and I think it only takes the JPG files. My pictures go onto Google automatically, but those are the originals, before I get to PP them, useful for showing holiday snaps in the pub. I have several Flikr accounts, one of which is supposed to be my archive, but I've not got an automatic upload system running yet as until recently my broadband was too slow. Now on FTTC, so can upload faster, and so I'm thinking Flickr Pro may be the way to go, as you also get a discount on Adobe Creative Cloud which I pay for monthly...

How long does the discount offer go on for? How does the Adobe discount work?

5. aybee

aybee pfm Member

Jem, Amazon Prime includes RAW files so that's a full backup of images. I'll continue to use Flickr pro unless there is a better solution.

6. joel

joel mojo working

IIRC, Flickr Pro cost $28pa, but that may be because I paid for 2 years at a time.
    I ponied up the pro subscription for 2019, and will review in a year.

7. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

I suspect the new offer of 35 will be for this year only - but who knows about next year as it may go back to the 50 dollars they quoted...

I don't use flickr as a backup for my photos tho, mainly for the enjoyment of other.. :)

8. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

well, I just paid up the 35 notes...sigh..

9. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

The stats say I am about 2200 views away from the 1,000,000.

Pete

10. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

nice one, where do you find that out? :)

11. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

12. Pete MB&D

13. Pete MB&D

Mmmm that link doesn’t seem to work on my iPhone.

Pete

14. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

yeah, seems you can't see other peoples stats...

15. Pete MB&D

Mine has just shot up to 50 million honest.

Pete

Mr Cat likes this.
  16. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

beats mine at 30 million :)

Pete MB&D likes this.
  17. Pete MB&D

Update your phone app to see stats!

Pete

18. Pete MB&D