1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

' Chartwell ' LS3/5a

Discussion in 'classic' started by Martyn Miles, Dec 3, 2012.

1. jimmymcfarrell

jimmymcfarrell vintage audio only here

Surely anyone with a background in audio, as one would expect of the aforementioned Stirling Audio; would be more clued up about the values of both new & vintage amplifiers than to suggest the possibility of buying a vintage tube amp for £50. Add a nought on to that as a minimum'd be nearer the mark. In fact: show me a valve amp for £50 and I'll mail you the money right now...
    Guess that was just a figure plucked out the air and was meant to imply an amplifier valued at the absolute bottom end of the market - £50 is no more feasible than £free in my experience....

2. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

As many probably know, the Chartwell name is used by Graham Audio for their new LS3/5 loudspeakers.
    Much discussed, but no-one on this Forum had heard a pair...

3. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

There is a pair of Graham LS3/5s for sale ( with stands ) for £1000 here on PFM Classifieds.
    Rather tempting...