1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[IC] Chord SPM1600

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by IceG, Feb 7, 2019.

1. IceG

IceG pfm Member

Considering moving on my Chord SPM1600 4-channel power amplifier subject to a system change to active speakers that is still to be finalised...

I have had this amp for almost 20 years and it still provides excellent and competitive sound quality and reliability. It has been back to the factory once in all that time for a minor internal glitch. I would not be selling it but for the active solution.

The amplifier is configured as a discrete 4-channel device with RCA (unbalanced) inputs for each channel. There are no XLR inputs on this example. I believe it was rated at 200w/channel so think of it as two SPM1000s in a single box. It is finished in black with black ash end cheeks.

Each stereo pair is separately switched so it may be used in the following configurations:
    - 4 discrete channels (e.g. F/R, F/L, R/R,, R/L)
    - 3 discrete channels with one channel bi-amplified
    - 2 discrete stereo channels with each channel bi-amplified
    - 2 separate stereo systems with each channel separately amplified

I have separate gold-plated adaptors (which I will include) to facilitate biamplification and avoid the need for custom Y-cables.

The unit is in North London and I can show it working. I will provide photos by private e-mail if required.

I am considering letting it go for ~£1,300 but would be open to realistic offers for a quick/simple transaction.

Please PM me with expressions of interest and offers.

2. Mongeddavid

Mongeddavid pfm Member

PM sent

3. IceG

IceG pfm Member

Well the actives are in place so I might reluctantly be willing to let this go...

4. IceG

IceG pfm Member

Bump